Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Walther PPQ

This gun looks interesting. Kind of like P30 meets Glock.

It has many of the features that I like and if it is as reliable and accurate as the 9mm PPS is, it will be a winner.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Removable grip panels?

I wish the slide stop was a little shorter but ill have to put my hands on it before i completely condemn it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Removable grip panels?

I wish the slide stop was a little shorter but ill have to put my hands on it before i completely condemn it.
    Looks like the backstrap is removeable.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a P99 redux. Hopefully they have the mags in quantities that don't cost an arm and a leg.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Yeah that looks like the offspring of the P99 and P30...which ain't a bad thing at all.

I don't see the AS-style decocker...so I'm thinking the PPS style action (which also isn't a bad thing IMO, I think it's a decent trigger)?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not overly impressed with the trigger on my PPS, and I've yet to find a method of improving it, ie no aftermarket APEX-like parts that I'm aware of and I haven't yet found a gunsmith that wants to work on that trigger. My other issue with the pistol is getting used to the mag release, and the European-style sight picture. I addressed that latter issue by getting S&W to send me a shorter front sight.

Those are my nits to pick based on my experience with my one Walther pistol. On the other side of that coin...it is a very reliable, well-made pistol.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You have my full attention.

Availability date? MSRP?

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Definately interesting. I had a P99 .40 a while back, but sold it. I think I made the mistake of getting it in .40, and never gave the 9mm a chance. It was a very well made pistol, that was reliable and had tight groupings. The grip was definately one of the most comfortable I've felt. Hopefully Walther has finally come up with a winning design that they actually market effectively.
    Last edited by Entropy; 01-06-11 at 10:54.
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    The PPQ looks very similar to the P99D/P99 RAD that was launched in Europe back in 2008. DAO, three back strap sizes, 15+1 (9mm), MIL-STD-1913 rail, ambi controls. I read that these are fielded by user groups with Glock 17 and HK USP experience so someone has comparative data by now...specifically the Polish police and military. Hopefully the PPQ will be a winner,. My PPS is reliable and accurate although the trigger was draggy initially and took time to wear in.

Feedback Score
    Is it going to be a single stack mag like the PPS, or thick like the P99?

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast