Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 516 upper for AR

Feedback Score

Sig 516 upper for AR

Has anyone seen this new Sig516 Upper Receiver Kit for the AR? I got this in an email from Sig Sauer today. They say that sales are limited to 300 units. Went to their web page but couldn't find it anywhere. Which is why I am asking you all. I guess I wanted to see what you all thought of it. I knew that they were selling the Sig516 as a complete unit, but apparently you can buy just the upper now.
    Last edited by XPR15 SR; 01-06-11 at 22:16.
    "Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions"
    -- Blaise Pascal

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Thanks Chicagotex. Didn't even look for previous thread. My bad.
    "Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions"
    -- Blaise Pascal

Feedback Score
    I see that it comes with replacement buffer, spring and FCG pins. I get the buffer and spring, but why new trigger and hammer pins?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The 516 is flopping and they are desperate for money.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    You lost me at "Sig"...
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The 516 is flopping and they are desperate for money.
    Bingo!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but why is it flopping? Strictly sales or is it a bad design? I don't know that much about the AR's yet and am trying to figure out what makes some so much better than others. I know that major names SHOULD be head and shoulders above the others. But Sig is a big name and don't understand why their product would be a flop. Know what I mean?
    -- Blaise Pascal

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but why is it flopping? Strictly sales or is it a bad design? I don't know that much about the AR's yet and am trying to figure out what makes some so much better than others. I know that major names SHOULD be head and shoulders above the others. But Sig is a big name and don't understand why their product would be a flop. Know what I mean?
    To understand why every long gun SIG offers this side of the Atlantic is a piece of garbage, you've really got start with the foundation: do a search on the SIG 556.

"Should" be damned, names that ARE head and shoulders above: Knight's, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 01-07-11 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    "Should" be damned, names that ARE head and shoulders above: Knight's, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske
    I understand this. When I said 'should' I was meaning in terms of the Sig and the fact that it is a big name yet it is suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    To understand why every long gun SIG offers this side of the Atlantic is a piece of garbage, you've really got start with the foundation: do a search on the SIG 556.
    When I do a search on the Sig556 I don't understand what it is that I am looking for. You can do a search for it all day long and not understand why it is garbage, as you put it. The only thing that I have seen so far is that Sig USA is at the helm over here.
    Last edited by XPR15 SR; 01-07-11 at 17:53.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast