Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need input for potential carbine class

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Why would those with other 5.56 rifles/carbines not just simply use them during the standard tactical class?
    You may have noticed that some folks actually think about what "other people" will think. Those types, regardless of what rifle they're good with and they like, will take an AR to a class because "it's what everyone else will be using." Some may even use not liking or having an AR as a reason to blow off going to a class.

Not me. But some.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    You may have noticed that some folks actually think about what "other people" will think. Those types, regardless of what rifle they're good with and they like, will take an AR to a class because "it's what everyone else will be using." Some may even use not liking or having an AR as a reason to blow off going to a class.

Not me. But some.

Exactly, and exactly why a class of this sort will fill up. Those same people will take any opportunity to dress up in their latest multicammed, plate carrying tactical costumes, to get new pics for their myspace pages.

"Tactical" is a business, and the majority of the people you mention have money to spend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why would those with other 5.56 rifles/carbines not just simply use them during the standard tactical class?
    Several of the carbine operator classes I've taken mandate an AR of some sort as the weapon to use mainly because you are trying to cover material relevant to that platform....it's kind of difficult to have a class session about lubrication and care of the weapon be useful when half the class is carrying something different.

Feedback Score
    What about an M14 specific class?

Feedback Score
    I agree with what is being said here in that many people feel like they 'have' to use and AR when in fact I teach carbine classes; not just AR classes - but in this day and age many people, and some other instructors, really mean AR when they say carbine

In addition it keeps it interesting for me becasue I believe in using what the majority of the students are using so that means I teach with AR's, Glocks, M9's and 1911's ALOT - with very little chance to use anything else

Absolutely the M1 Carbine would be welcome - I am a huge WW II buff and would not be able to live with myself not allowing the original semi auto carbine into the class

I would be open to any specific weapon type class (M14/M1A for example) if the demand was there - my recommendation would be the get in the battle rifle class as that will answer the mail on that weapon

Thanx as always - M4C has always been very supportive of me and my classes and I really appriciate it

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Several of the carbine operator classes I've taken mandate an AR of some sort as the weapon to use mainly because you are trying to cover material relevant to that platform....
    I understand that. I guess I was just referring to those classes where the requirement is to bring a rifle that works, regardless of design.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post

Not me. But some.
    I'm not much for the herd mentality, either.

This thread has me now thinking about an M1 carbine.........

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not much for the herd mentality, either.

This thread has me now thinking about an M1 carbine.........
    Don't think....BUY!!!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6568

The CMP is going to start taking orders for Underwood carbines on 9/4/07 for 565. Given the condition the CMP carbines are coming in I would encourage you to go that route if you want one. I have yet to see anyone truly disappointed with a CMP purchase.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I will most likely be using an AK variant in the Night/LowLight Class in November - should be interesting!

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure I'd be interested in a class with the sole difference that it's non-ARs. If I owned a non-AR (and was interested in learning to use it better), I'd probably go ahead and participate in a "regular" carbine class with it. The instructors I'm willing to patronize 1) would not mind, and 2) would be able to coach me through the specifics of operating the unfamiliar system.

On the other hand . . . what would be really cool is a class or series of seminars where different weapons are provided (including ammo) and everyone learns how to operate and fire them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast