Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need input for potential carbine class

Feedback Score
    I would be interested, I think the only issue would be finding enough people with the type of weapons you are looking for but I imagine that you could probably round up 10 or 12 individuals who would be interested, count me in if you run the class.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    As many of you know I like to try new concepts in my training classes - so please provide feedback on this idea;

A carbine class (2 day) in 2008 at South Hill, Va with any intermediate caliber weapon that is NOT an AR style long gun; this would be your chance to drag out and use your Galil, FNC, FS2000, AUG, etc.

I for one would look forward to it and feel there would be alot of lessons learned on how to properly run some of these guns - just like when we did the AK classes this year; everyone learned ALOT about running an AK - myself included

Please provide feedback and if it looks like a go we will of course announce it here

Be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am a huge WW II buff
    AND ABSOLUTELY NOT A NAZI!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Rhino you make a good point about the seminar but in this day and age that is not likely - for instance If I brought say a Steyr AUG, FN FNC, SIG SG550, IMI Galil , and a Beretta AR 70 to the class for students to disassemble, assemble, and shoot the value of these pre ban guns never to be imported again (most likely) would be in the neighborhood of $18,000 and up

Good concept but in this day and age not workable

be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score

How about a 9mm class?

Gent's,
    After Larry's AK class it opened my eyes to other platforms, but what about all these sub-cal guns like the UMP/USC, 9mm AR, and MP5 clones? I love my AR's, enough i picked up a 9mm version to shoot on the cheap but most folks blow it off as a toy gun, but its fun to shoot(and i can shoot steel targets that would scare me with 556). And i have to say I've been looking at some of the other 9mm/.45 carbines for more fun. I know most folks think a sub cal round is more for "submachine" guns but with prices rising on ammo 9mm might be more popular as time goes on. More later!
    -Zef M.

Feedback Score
    Rhino you make a good point about the seminar but in this day and age that is not likely - for instance If I brought say a Steyr AUG, FN FNC, SIG SG550, IMI Galil , and a Beretta AR 70 to the class for students to disassemble, assemble, and shoot the value of these pre ban guns never to be imported again (most likely) would be in the neighborhood of $18,000 and up
    Yeah, you're definitely right about that.

The only way I could see it working is with a small group effort of people. Guys who own something exotic who are willing to bring it to a central location for some "show and tell" is what I'm thinking, but the logistics would require someone who is really dedicated to making it happen.

Oh, well . . . maybe some day our laws will return to a more American version (i.e. minimal and non-intrusive). Wait! I'm dreaming!

Feedback Score
    I'd be up for a pistol-caliber class, particularly if I can ever finish the 9mm AR I started two years ago. Open it up to everything non-rifle caliber, from full-auto SMG's to Marline Camp Carbines and everything in the middle. Ranges less than 100 yards, add some pistol transitions, the possibilities are there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldnt mind doing a pistol caliber class. Of course, something I'd realy like to do is a type of room combat/clearing class. I'm sure a course like that would be more of an intermediate/advanced course, but it would make the Milfmasta happy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In light of ammo costs, a class on how to conduct effective training with sub-caliber .22 conversions might not be a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rhino you make a good point about the seminar but in this day and age that is not likely - for instance If I brought say a Steyr AUG, FN FNC, SIG SG550, IMI Galil , and a Beretta AR 70 to the class for students to disassemble, assemble, and shoot the value of these pre ban guns never to be imported again (most likely) would be in the neighborhood of $18,000 and up.
    I agree. I was thinking this would be a good class to bring my AUG and FS2000 to, then I had to consider how secure they would be when I wasn't using them (like where to safely leave them when I went to eat at night, etc). Unlike handguns, you can't really bring concealled longarms into restaurants with you. Just risking two expensive guns has me nervous, I can't imagine what it would be like for a person priving a lineup of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Of course, something I'd really like to do is a type of room combat/clearing class. I'm sure a course like that would be more of an intermediate/advanced course.
    The Marietta, Ohio VT low light/no light carbine/pistol class had an excellent room combat/clearing section it was a highlight of the class and the shoot house was top notch. It was one of the few times at a training class that when it was over you were bumming cause you wanted to keep on going past 3 a.m.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast