Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I didn't know glocks could look this good

Feedback Score

I didn't know glocks could look this good

My friend just got his g21 done by these guys. Wow.....

http://www.salientarmsinternational.com/#/new-faces/

He loves his but I haven't handled it yet. Anyone ever shot one of these??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No offense to your friend, but I'll pass.

Their stippling work looks good but there seems to be a "logical disconnect" in some of their models that brings too much of the competition aspect into the carry sector.

Muzzle break and porting on the "carry Glock" G26? Why do you need a break? To quell the awesome recoil of the 9mm cartridge? And what happens when you are in a low-light shooting situation and send up the fires of hell from your 2.5" of porting? Good luck finding that front sight for a follow-up shot.

Looks like good craftsmanship, but I wouldn't ask them to build me a gun from scratch.
    "Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    can you say, gun safe queen..
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [
    Wow.....
    LOL...yeah, Wow...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomedic View Post
    No offense to your friend, but I'll pass.

Their stippling work looks good but there seems to be a "logical disconnect" in some of their models that brings too much of the competition aspect into the carry sector.

Muzzle break and porting on the "carry Glock" G26? Why do you need a break? To quell the awesome recoil of the 9mm cartridge? And what happens when you are in a low-light shooting situation and send up the fires of hell from your 2.5" of porting? Good luck finding that front sight for a follow-up shot.

Looks like good craftsmanship, but I wouldn't ask them to build me a gun from scratch.
    Agreed. I'd go for the stippling and the work on the trigger guard, cocking serrations maybe sights but that's it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wonder how an M&P would look with that stippling? I'd like to see it up close. I don't like when stippling is too deep and looks like it will hold dirt, if that makes sense.

Theirs looks decent, though that's all I 'd have them do to any of my Glocks...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool for Hollywood movies perhaps. For practical use... not so much.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Wonder how an M&P would look with that stippling? I'd like to see it up close. I don't like when stippling is too deep and looks like it will hold dirt, if that makes sense.

Theirs looks decent, though that's all I 'd have them do to any of my Glocks...
    If you want M&P work done, just send your gun to Boresight Solutions and get it done right. Ben has a tremendous reputation, a very high quality standard and a much more functional, minimalist appeal than the ones you linked.

I am very happy with mine and I have a second pistol en route to Boresight very soon for more work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cool for Hollywood movies perhaps. For practical use... not so much.
    Come to think of it... have there been any movies that feature stippled firearms?

"MF Please. Look, my sh*t is custom." -- the guy in Resident Evil

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    FOR THE BEST GLOCK WORK THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE TO LOOK, BOWIE TACTICAL CONCEPTS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast