Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Military/Tactical Watch Recommendations?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess Luminox has fallen out of favor. I'm still happy with mine after more than ten years of use.
    I would love to have a Luminox eventually, but right now I'm looking for more of an ABC watch.

BTW, have you seen the World Time Clock? I gotta get one of those!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CTactical View Post
    Another watch you may want to consider is the Casio Pathfinder model PAW2000-1CR
    I wish Casio would look at Suunto's face design. With a watch that was as sexy as a Suunto Core and as tough as any Casio, I would have no debate over what watch I would want.

Feedback Score
    Here's a Suunto Vector (unfortunately I don't have a Core):

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CTactical View Post
    Here's a Suunto Vector (unfortunately I don't have a Core):

That is a damn sexy watch/band. How has the Vector held up for you? If you sell your bands, how much would one be?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    No unfortunately. I know for a fact the Core is made in China and the Vector is made in Finland. I am not sure on the other models. I can't recall if the Xlander is made in China or Finland. For sure the Vector is good to go, but its a battery hog, so pack an extra battery. The pathfinders are much more worry free, but arent as "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    Is the Core the only one made in China?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhgross View Post
    No unfortunately. I know for a fact the Core is made in China and the Vector is made in Finland. I am not sure on the other models. I can't recall if the Xlander is made in China or Finland. For sure the Vector is good to go, but its a battery hog, so pack an extra battery. The pathfinders are much more worry free, but arent as "cool".
    So with the Chinese watches is it hit or miss or overall are they just lower quality? I definitely like the Core more but the China aspect sucks.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    So with the Chinese watches is it hit or miss or overall are they just lower quality? I definitely like the Core more but the China aspect sucks.

I know allot of the Cores (rubber integral strap models but in black) we bought at work failed or had issues. Nobody reported any issues with the pathfinders we sent out at the same time. I see a bunch of the older Suuntos still in the field, but those are the made in Finland models. So based on what I have seen, I would steer clear of any of the made in china suuntos. Somehow Suunto has to get a clue and realize that their cache is going to be spoiled by going out of Finland for product, even though I am sure the labor rates are about 1/100th of what they are in Finland. Other similar Barometer, Altimiter, Compass watches are being made, in china, that work. Suunto should have stuck with its "core" (forgive the pun) business model and produced made in Finland watches, sold at a premium, but with that made in Finland quality. Time has shown that people are willing to pay for it, but if they dont deliver the quality, then why bother. Better to go with a made in china pathfinder that never needs a battery and never breaks than a made in China suunto that may or may not have issues and need to be sent back. I just dont understand why they killed the goose that laid the golden egg. (neither does my Finnish wife - so I may be biased).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I wish Casio would look at Suunto's face design. With a watch that was as sexy as a Suunto Core and as tough as any Casio, I would have no debate over what watch I would want.
    Bingo and +20 on that one. I wish either Casio would get off its ass and redesign the look (face, buttons and strap) to look and feel better or Suunto would go to a made in finland solar powered model.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bingo and +20 on that one. I wish either Casio would get off its ass and redesign the look (face, buttons and strap) to look and feel better or Suunto would go to a made in finland solar powered model.
    Any watch designers on here? I think you could make a lot of money selling this hybrid watch

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    ...I see a bunch of the older Suuntos still in the field, but those are the made in Finland models. So based on what I have seen, I would steer clear of any of the made in china suuntos...
    Better to go with a made in china pathfinder that never needs a battery and never breaks than a made in China suunto that may or may not have issues and need to be sent back.
    So I should be satisfied with the Vector? I wish it had a crystal face...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast