Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help on carry handle identification

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Help on carry handle identification

I searched everywhere and could not find an answer to my question.Can anybody tell me if either of these carry handles are made by Colt? I bought them separately but was told they were Colt by the sellers.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    More pics of the other side please.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The upper carry handle is made by Cardinal Forge or at least the forging was. They do make them for Colt and LMT along with others.

The lower carry handle is unknown. Hoped this helped.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Indeed. You can find the same forge mark on carry handles from Colt and NON-Colt guns.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Colts' forge mark is a square, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Indeed. You can find the same forge mark on carry handles from Colt and NON-Colt guns.
    Can you explain this a little further? I'm having a retard moment on my end.
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. That square comes on SOME Colt carry handles. But I've got a BCM that also has that square on it.

The square is only the forging mark. It doesn't tell you who finish machined the part or what quality of hardware they put in the carry handle.

Feedback Score
    The CH in the very first photo with the Splintered A on the left side is Anchor Harvey. The second one with the cardinal head on the right is Cardinal Forge. The third CH with the square mark on the right side is Brass Aluminum Forging.

As was said Colt has used all of these forges but so have other manufacturers. Anyway they look to be milspec height and of good quality so could be off a Colt. No way to prove they came off a Colt but if you were told that from a good source it's certainly likely.

Feedback Score
    The marks will tell you who forged the blanks but not who makes the handles.

Supposedly Colt specs the height from the bottom of the carry handle to the top of the shelf that the rear sight rests on to .840".

Supposedly many makers have this dimension at .800".

I remember seeing scottryan and another member post this in an M4c thread with the same question.
    Last edited by glen; 01-22-11 at 05:47. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. That square comes on SOME Colt carry handles. But I've got a BCM that also has that square on it.

The square is only the forging mark. It doesn't tell you who finish machined the part or what quality of hardware they put in the carry handle.
    Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The CH in the very first photo with the Splintered A on the left side is Anchor Harvey. The second one with the cardinal head on the right is Cardinal Forge. The third CH with the square mark on the right side is Brass Aluminum Forging.

As was said Colt has used all of these forges but so have other manufacturers. Anyway they look to be milspec height and of good quality so could be off a Colt. No way to prove they came off a Colt but if you were told that from a good source it's certainly likely.
    The third one is off a Colt 6920.

So basically what we're saying here is that other companies forge carry handles for Colt? So even though my carry handle came off a 6920, it could've been forged by a different company using Colts' TDP?
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast