Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defective Disconnector?

Feedback Score
    Might ease your mind just to order a Colt from SAW or LMT from G&R. It's not a terribly expensive part. I bought a Colt from a local shop for $5.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Hunter, did you also post this in the Spikes Industry Forum on TOS? There's a thread there with similar looking disconnectors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter123 View Post
    I received my new disconnector directly from Spikes and it has cracks in it also.
    FWIW, the replacement I got back also had some marks in it, but not anywhere near the contact surfaces (like my first one), so I'm not concerned.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This one is not as bad as the first one.I'm going to install it and run it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    IMO those aren't cracks - they're a result of the stamping process used to produce the part. Still not desirable, though.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    IMO those aren't cracks - they're a result of the stamping process used to produce the part. Still not desirable, though.
    Agreed they do not look like cracks, but folds rather. Not saying they are a good thing, but they may not be as big of a deal as you are thinking they are.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Exactly - you see these same work marks when some kinds of sheet is sheared.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I agree - its only potentially an issue if they extend onto the contact surfaces. Unfortunately, that does seem to be happening with a few of these. My first one was one of these - there was a stamping mark/groove right through the hook.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd be interested in hearing from metallurgical guys on this one. What's up with these, what's the process that causes them, and what are the likely problems associated?

In the interim, I note that these discos are being found in good-as guns, but not appearing in the GTG guns. I think that's telling me something.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Buy better parts

Go with a Colt LPK or one from Grant. BCM's and DD's are also good. Everything else, well...cross your fingers.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast