Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the best deals for 55 gr bullets these days

Feedback Score
    The Montana Golds are a pretty good deal. The price includes shipping and they're actually available which is a bonus. They work fine for training. I don't know that those Hornadys are always available at wideners last I looked, but thats the other fair deal I know of.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The www.rvow.com site was last updated in 2005 according to the bottom of the page...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
    The www.rvow.com site was last updated in 2005 according to the bottom of the page...
    They were still in business a while back.

Website wasn't up to date then either. I heard the owner had health issues.
    Last edited by mizer67; 01-24-11 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I keep hoping that wideners will get the 55grain hornady FMJs back in stock. They're the most accurate 55gr bullet. I figger they'll get back in stock after I buy 5k of the Lake City FMJs.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post

I have bought from RVO many times,,but it has been a few years now !! Ya "Really" need to call and see what they have,,it is normally quite different than what is listed on the website,,as stated,,last Updated in 05 !!! I believe the Husband passed away a few years ago & the Wife (Nikki) takes care of the operation now,but I could be wrong on that part. It also can be a challange to get Her on the phone,,but maybe if ya try they will pick right up !! If ya try RVO,,keep us posted and let us know how ya make out !! As far as my Bullet supplier I normally go with Widener's,,Midway (with my Birthday discount,) Nosler has Sales sometimes also,,they are offerering Free shipping on some bullets right now,,check them out !! http://www.nosler.com/Custom-Comp-Sale.aspx

Feedback Score
    I usually buy from wideners....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post

I tried calling yesterday with no answer. Has anyone else made contact or an order within the last month?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Here is a pretty Smokin deal from www.MidwayUSA.com ,,type in the part #165-907 Hornady 55 grn FMJ,,,$74.69 per 1K !!! Not bad !! I just grabbed 2K myself !!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I have bought from RVO many times,,but it has been a few years now !! Ya "Really" need to call and see what they have,,it is normally quite different than what is listed on the website,,as stated,,last Updated in 05 !!! I believe the Husband passed away a few years ago & the Wife (Nikki) takes care of the operation now,but I could be wrong on that part. It also can be a challange to get Her on the phone,,but maybe if ya try they will pick right up !! If ya try RVO,,keep us posted and let us know how ya make out !! As far as my Bullet supplier I normally go with Widener's,,Midway (with my Birthday discount,) Nosler has Sales sometimes also,,they are offerering Free shipping on some bullets right now,,check them out !! http://www.nosler.com/Custom-Comp-Sale.aspx
    I dealt with Nikki on the phone about a year ago, (maybe more-the older I get the faster time flies) and it took several attempts to get hold of her. I think she actually called me back in answer to the message I left. She explained her hubby had passed due to cancer and she was almost overwhelmed trying to run the business. I told her what I wanted and she gave me prices on the phone-I ordered then and there w/credit card while I still had her on the line. Well, as much as I wish it could have gone better, what I got was not exactly up to standards-but I didn't have the heart to send any of it back. I DID attempt to call her and let her know so it could be corrected but I never got in touch w/her again. I ordered some pulled bullets and they were so out of round I had to trash them. 90% of the fully prepared 556 brass was fine, but some did not pass the case gage test and had not been resized properly. I hope she's still in business and quality control has improved. I know they had a lot of big-time arsenal machinery. She told me on the phone the website had some password and her husband took it to the grave so she can't update anything on it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I guess I'll stick with Hi-Tech ammo for now then, unless someone comes up with a place to get SS109 cheaper.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast