Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar 15 noob

Feedback Score

Ar 15 noob

Hey, I'm new to the whole customizing Ar's thing, until recently i had been running a pretty much stock Norinco Cq556 but i picked up an armalite m15a4 midlength this week. So im looking at putting a new stock on it and am slightly overwhelmed, i was looking at a SOPMOD but at 400$ i dont think thats gonna happen, I was wondering what the consensus on RRA operator stock was? any good? Does commercial vs milspec buffer tube make that much of a difference?

thanks

oh and after seeing all the NFA items you guys can have all i have to say is.....

Tavor
    Last edited by dudley2112; 01-21-11 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Might search for the difference in commercial vs mil spec extensions, as it will affect whether the stock fits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    armalite uses milspec receiver extensions.

SOPMOD stocks do not cost $600 here in the states.. are you sure you werent looking at a SOPMOD lower receiver?

i have no idea what parts availability is like up there.. but Vltor makes good wide-cheekweld stocks also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    armalite uses milspec receiver extensions.

SOPMOD stocks do not cost $600 here in the states.. are you sure you werent looking at a SOPMOD lower receiver?

i have no idea what parts availability is like up there.. but Vltor makes good wide-cheekweld stocks also.
    sorry typo 400$ thats for the stock with buffer tube, but my armalite has one of the 4 pos stocks on it now so im gonna need a new tube and stock etc
    Last edited by dudley2112; 01-21-11 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    that's still twice as much as they go for here.

you don't need the whole kit... if you want to blow the money, that's obviously your prerogative, but the 4-pos will be fine. it probably makes a difference of about a quarter inch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    that's still twice as much as they go for here.

you don't need the whole kit... if you want to blow the money, that's obviously your prerogative, but the 4-pos will be fine. it probably makes a difference of about a quarter inch.
    ya thats the canadian market everything costs more... so the SOPMOD stock would work on the Armalite 4 Pos. tube? hmm something to consider, still looking for some feedback on the RRA, they're about 1/2 the price of the sopmod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you'll find most here are running products from LMT (SOPMOD), Magpul, or VLTOR. All three companies have solid offerings. I find the SOPMOD too expensive for my tastes, personally. It's a good unit, however. I prefer the Magpul CTR with the locking mechanism.

I don't have any experience with the RRA unit.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    RRA is not a respected name, in most professional tactical circles, nor here. there've been a couple guys here who claim they're good stocks, but that runs contrary to a few of us who have seen 'em and decided they're sort of pieces of shit. the first one i saw was literally falling apart... in their defense, it was right when they first came out and were probably still in T&E. aside from that, they just don't bring anything new to the table that other, battle proven designs don't.

check out vltor.. i was a big sopmod guy till i finally started using the modstock (vltor). it's cheap and good. cheap and good rocks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vltor Mod Stock would be a good, less expensive option.
    I personally like the Magpul CTR or MOE but it depends on what you are after.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is your reason/s for choosing the RRA stock over Magpul/VLTOR/LMT? What attracts you to this particular stock? Price, cheek weld, storage?

You might check out this thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast