Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR refusal?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SBR refusal?

This is a question i havent seen asked, Has anyone applied for thier tax stamp only to have the judge or police chief decline the request? Im planning on building an SBR this summer and I wonder how many people have been turned down in their home town or county they applied. If you have, please give County/state. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    You would get the signature on your Form 1 or Form 4 before ever mailing it off to the ATF for approval (with the $200 fee at that time).

So you wouldn't ever risk ATF approval but not your local LEO sign-off. My own county, Wake Co. NC is one where the CLEO/Sheriff will not sign-off on any NFA toys.
    Last edited by bp78; 01-21-11 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    indeed... you get your LEO permission slip before you send in your packet and $200. if he says no, no money wasted.

but if he says no, you just say "**** you, sheriff asshole!" and go get a trust/corp, and bypass his stupid ass.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    indeed... you get your LEO permission slip before you send in your packet and $200. if he says no, no money wasted.

but if he says no, you just say "**** you, sheriff asshole!" and go get a trust/corp, and bypass his stupid ass.
    LMAO! I like your style. Well i read the process of getting a tax stamp and approval but obviously i read it wrong, I feel a little sheepish for asking a goofy question now Thank you both for the help. Im currently in a small town in colorado, it occupies 14 prisons in a town thats pretty small. Im really hoping they will clear me
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    LMAO! I like your style. Well i read the process of getting a tax stamp and approval but obviously i read it wrong, I feel a little sheepish for asking a goofy question now Thank you both for the help. Im currently in a small town in colorado, it occupies 14 prisons in a town thats pretty small. Im really hoping they will clear me
    If they don't and you know they are legal in your area, just do what bkb says and pay a lawyer who specializes in it to set up a trust to put the SBR on. It's more expensive, but is sometimes the only option!

Good luck with the sign off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stifled View Post
    If they don't and you know they are legal in your area, just do what bkb says and pay a lawyer who specializes in it to set up a trust to put the SBR on. It's more expensive, but is sometimes the only option!

Good luck with the sign off.
    Ya thanks man...i really hope i get it the easy way, but what fun would that be right? Also i dont think there are any lawyers in this town that specialize in anything other than domestic violence or drug charges. Its a small town. I cant wait to get out of it

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And remember you only need one trust. One trust can hold all your suppressors, machineguns, aow's, sbr's, etc.

I met an idiot at the range that was spewing bad info that you need a trust for every item so they are a waste of time....so just figured I'd bring it up since your new to the game.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Fireman1291; 01-21-11 at 15:53.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Yea, and then you keep getting pulled over for BS and wonder why.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    And remember you only need one trust. One trust can hold all your suppressors, machineguns, aow's, sbr's, etc.

I met an idiot at the range that was spewing bad info that you need a trust for every item so they are a waste of time....so just figured I'd bring it up since your new to the game.

Good luck.
    Oh very cool! Thank you for more info! I asked this guy not too long ago about somethin like that, I asked him if a tax stamp is like that, if its a one time fee for an SBR, or for every SBR you have to re-apply and pay $200 every SBR you build. He said it was every rifle needs it

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9111B View Post
    Yea, and then you keep getting pulled over for BS and wonder why.
    i really just meant it figuratively.

however, with as often as cops get called names, and as little as they care about it, i seriously doubt Sheriff Asshole is going to put out a memo on you.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 01-21-11 at 17:06.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast