Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SBR refusal?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I tend to disagre, but I know that the regs can be confusing.

However, when I read stuff here like someone creating a "new trust" for every purchase because he doesn't want them to have all of his info or some such nonsense I have to wonder.

The trust is pretty simple and has been explained. I can honestly say that I have been using the same procedure since 2008 and never did I have a problem.

1. Copy of trust to include Schedule A.
    2. Certificate of Compliance
    3. Copy(ies) of Form 1 or Form 4.
    4. Payment to BATFE

Wait for approval.

Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    For the most part I don't think many are "playing with the system". Most are just frustrated with the system because the system changes on the whim of a bureaucrat. Their system is jacked up and the continual changes don't help them any.
    For example, I've called them four times in the last two months and the first three times the same person gave me three different answers to the same question and not once could find all of my already approved tax stamps in the system. The fourth phone call to a different person who was able to find all of my approved stamps as well as locate the one that I was waiting for an approval. She said it was just entered and given to the examiner. I got the stamp roughly a week later; it was signed approved two days before she said it was entered in the system.
    It's not all that comforting when they can't find your stuff they approved when asked. I doubt they would be as understanding if they asked you to see your stamp.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    For the most part I don't think many are "playing with the system". Most are just frustrated with the system because the system changes on the whim of a bureaucrat. Their system is jacked up and the continual changes don't help them any.
    For example, I've called them four times in the last two months and the first three times the same person gave me three different answers to the same question and not once could find all of my already approved tax stamps in the system. The fourth phone call to a different person who was able to find all of my approved stamps as well as locate the one that I was waiting for an approval. She said it was just entered and given to the examiner. I got the stamp roughly a week later; it was signed approved two days before she said it was entered in the system.
    It's not all that comforting when they can't find your stuff they approved when asked. I doubt they would be as understanding if they asked you to see your stamp.
    Dude, you have no ****ing idea. I could tell you some horror stories.

You haven't been dealing with them that long, and weren't dealing with them when NFA was still in DC. THAT was the nightmare. Be glad you are dealing with WV now, it is 1000% better than it was. I take that back, it is 10,000% better than it was.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I tend to disagre, but I know that the regs can be confusing.

However, when I read stuff here like someone creating a "new trust" for every purchase because he doesn't want them to have all of his info or some such nonsense I have to wonder.

The trust is pretty simple and has been explained. I can honestly say that I have been using the same procedure since 2008 and never did I have a problem.

1. Copy of trust to include Schedule A.
    2. Certificate of Compliance
    3. Copy(ies) of Form 1 or Form 4.
    4. Payment to BATFE

Wait for approval.

I agree that creating a new trust each time is foolish, but seriously, how many people are doing it? The same with cutesy reasons on the forms; overall it has to be a small percentage of the total they receive.
    I suppose I'm just still pissed because if I lost my paperwork and they were asking for it; they wouldn't wait 90 days for me to produce it. Yet, they act as if it's no big deal when they can't find paperwork you send them. It's also not real comforting when you read them everything off of a form1 they approved and they tell you they have no record of it and ask if you're sure you sent it to them. It could just still be some growing pains from last years expansion I suppose, but I tend to not give a hoot about problems of those who don't give a hoot about the problems they create for those they provide a service.

Feedback Score
    You are preaching to the choir, and it is an old song. It what it is, and it has nothing to do with the move a few years ago. Like I said in my previous post, it is 10,000% better than when it was in DC.

I have heard all the bitching and arguments a million times and have done so myself in the distant past. Remember, the gov't is the employer of last resort and most of 'em can't boil water.

Those are the cards you are dealt when you decide to enter the world of NFA. Live with it as best you can, you don't have any options.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    You are preaching to the choir, and it is an old song. It what it is, and it has nothing to do with the move a few years ago. Like I said in my previous post, it is 10,000% better than when it was in DC.

I have heard all the bitching and arguments a million times and have done so myself in the distant past. Remember, the gov't is the employer of last resort and most of 'em can't boil water.

Those are the cards you are dealt when you decide to enter the world of NFA. Live with it as best you can, you don't have any options.

I've been playing the game a while, not as long as you, but about 6 years.
    IMHO, the reason they are like they are is because no one holds them accountable and just deals with the cards they are dealt. In six years of calling them this was the first time I've ever had one of them actually laugh on the phone because the items are in a trust. It's also the first time they've failed to return a call. It's actually the first time I've had a bad experience with them. Up until this last few months they've always been professional and took care of what needed taken care of.
    Maybe I'm just getting crotchety, I hate paying for shitty service.

Feedback Score
    They work for the gov't. They can't get fired. Again, I appreciate your trepidation, but it is the way it is. We all hate paying for shitty service, but look around. The House. The Senate. The President. BATFE. Dept. of Education. Dept. of Energy. US Postal Service. It goes on and on and on. It runs downhill to the state and local levels.

Don't for one second think just because you can SB a rifle you are special, that NFA owners are special. The ATF could give a shit about you, and to be frank, NFA is a thorn in ATF's side. Believe it. So, it is a paradox you deal with. The wheel needs grease, but you don't want to be the squeak. Get your shit straight, fly below the radar, and don't stress about it.

Be glad you don't have to have an ebonics translator with you when you deal with them, because you used to!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    They work for the gov't. They can't get fired. Again, I appreciate your trepidation, but it is the way it is. We all hate paying for shitty service, but look around. The House. The Senate. The President. BATFE. Dept. of Education. Dept. of Energy. US Postal Service. It goes on and on and on. It runs downhill to the state and local levels.

Don't for one second think just because you can SB a rifle you are special, that NFA owners are special. The ATF could give a shit about you, and to be frank, NFA is a thorn in ATF's side. Believe it. So, it is a paradox you deal with. The wheel needs grease, but you don't want to be the squeak. Get your shit straight, fly below the radar, and don't stress about it.

Be glad you don't have to have an ebonics translator with you when you deal with them, because you used to!

Damn, you must work for them.

I keed, I keed

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    woops... neva you mind.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 01-25-11 at 20:57.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456