Thread: S&B Scope Rings

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

S&B Scope Rings

Just received an S&B 3-20 x 50 PM II. 34mm. Will temporarily be on 16" MWS w/SS barrel. MWS will have offset RMR. Would like ability to remove scope "quickly."

Long range precision classes upcoming.

My detailed knowledge does not extend past red dots. Do detachable mounts do a worse enough job of securing when compared to rings so that long range shooters do not like them? Once again, not my area of expertise so any advice, recommendations, etc. is very welcome.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Didn't even open box until wrote post. Scope damaged. Sending back to Midway. So mad I could kick a puppy.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That really stinks. Was it damaged in shipping you think? Been looking at S&B as well as swaro and a little scared about durability.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Shipping. Talked to Midway. Going to make it right. Still a pain to deal with. Packaging around scope was laughable. Can't believe a scope at that price point isn't at least bubble wrapped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bummer about your scope. What reticle did you go with?

As for the mount, I had my S&B 4-16x PMII in the LaRue QD mount that shipped with my OBR. I swapped it for a Spuhr to get the scope mounted lower in order to get a proper cheek weld on a sopmod stock. The Spuhr was my best option to get the optic mounted lower. I really wanted a QD mount and would have purchased a GDI had there been an option for what I needed. After using the Spuhr, I will probably only buy Spuhr anymore.

Mile High Shooting is the place to go for Spuhr. And they may be able to beat Midway's pricing on the S&B too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Double tap...
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-23-14 at 20:10.