Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! What size Mechanix Gloves?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Help! What size Mechanix Gloves?

I'm ordering books for classes tonight and figured I would reward myself with a new pair of gloves. I looked at the sizing chart for Mechanix and saw that I'm right in the middle between a medium and large. My hands a skinny and I have fairly long fingers (longest finger is 3.5 inches). What size do you recommend me going with? I would just drive to the local auto parts store but my car is in the shop getting an oil change and I really need to place the order tonight.
    Last edited by Travis B; 01-26-11 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    Mechanix would probably have the best answer for you.

Feedback Score
    FWIW....I'd go medium.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    Mechanix would probably have the best answer for you.
    I didn't realize they're on the west coast. I seem to think everyone operates on EST

I talked to a customer service rep and she said to measure across my knuckles, which gives me a medium, and she said this would be the widest part of my hand (which it isn't for me). I'm just going to try a medium; maybe they'll stretch if needed.

Thanks for the fast response and advice, guys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Go medium.

Lean towards the smaller size as it'll stretch. You'd rather have it tight, than loose with too much materal.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawDon View Post
    Go medium.

Lean towards the smaller size as it'll stretch. You'd rather have it tight, than loose with too much materal.
    This. I'm sort of in between sizes myself. The larger of the two sizes left too much material and I just wasn't comfortable with them. The smaller of the two sizes is a bit tight but I can run my guns with them.

As long as I don't wear them long enough my hands go to sleep I'm GtG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    This. I'm sort of in between sizes myself. The larger of the two sizes left too much material and I just wasn't comfortable with them. The smaller of the two sizes is a bit tight but I can run my guns with them.

As long as I don't wear them long enough my hands go to sleep I'm GtG.
    Do what I did. Go to Lowes, find their Mechanix gloves, try them on and you will know your size.

KC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you get the kind of gloves with hard knuckle pads, stretching to fit may not be the best idea. I got a free pair of large size Blackhawk SOLAG's a while back, and while they fit my large+ size hands the built-in knuckle dusters do not line up at all with the actual width and shape of my knuckle joints. They fit fine otherwise, so no real complaints.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    Do what I did. Go to Lowes, find their Mechanix gloves, try them on and you will know your size.

KC
    This is what I did, but make sure to try both sizes and the style that you are ordering. Also don't forget to calculate shipping into your costs as it might be cheaper for you to just get them at Lowes, AutoZone, PepBoys etc.

Feedback Score
    I didn't see it mentioned here but they do make tactical varieties, maybe that's what you've already looked at. I have these and they're very nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast