Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Green Mountain AR-15 Barrels?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    The forged upper receivers seemed to take longer, subjectively, to harmonically reset. IE, it took longer for the vibration induced by discharging the weapon to damp out completely. This has led me personally to using billet uppers and lowers almost exclusively in my personal weapons. (even if they are a tad heavier)

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this.
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe it has more to do with the increase in mass vs the method of manufacture?

Regarding the barrels, I assembled an upper with the same 16" fluted barrel and have over 500 rounds through it. It is as accurate as my 6920 at 100 yards with a 4x optic on it. IMO the only thing bad about GM is they do not make a 16" mid length.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 06-18-11 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just received another one of the 16" fluted barrels today and I am going to be building a low cost/light weight rifle around it soon. Here are a few pictures of the barrel. It looks very nice for the money.

On the scale. 1lb, 11oz.

M4 barrel extension

Recessed crown. Notice the chrome lining.

Close up of flutes and finish.
    Last edited by Merle; 06-20-11 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    Good on ya Merle,,,

Funny coincidence.. I'll be taking delivery of two of that exact barrel pattern this week. (Hopefully they'll be here on Wed.)

They going to be used for new builds I've been planning for awhile.

Feedback Score
    Harmonically resetting upper receivers.. lol...now I have heard everything. I can die in peace.

I have just ordered a 1/12 twist GM A1 profile barrel, they are one of the few that makes them.

Other than that, I see no reason to diverge from the established barrel makers we all know and trust.
    Last edited by dom1104; 07-15-11 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1104 View Post
    Other than that, I see no reason to diverge from the established barrel makers we all know and trust.
    Yea let's not give any other companies a chance to try to make a quality product at an affordable price.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1104 View Post
    It would appear that Colt trusts them just fine.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=69527

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My lightweight carbine is almost finished. Just waiting on my Samson Evolution 11" handguard to arrive. I ordered it on the 25th of June. They just sent it today. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know some have trashed some of their ak barrels. I have a century yugo with what I assume to be a GM barrel. It can do 1.5 " at 50 yards with wolf. It is more accurate than my VZ 58 so far. But sure wish it was chrome lined.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I know some have trashed some of their ak barrels. I have a century yugo with what I assume to be a GM barrel. It can do 1.5 " at 50 yards with wolf. It is more accurate than my VZ 58 so far. But sure wish it was chrome lined.
    It looks like all their 7.62x39 AK barrels are chrome lined. Maybe its a new thing?

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...ment%20barrels

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes - I've seen that, and it may be new, and it also may be that to save cost on the Century builds, they chose not to chrome line it; the original Yugos were not.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-15-11 at 20:21.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast