Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CTC LightGuard: new light option for M&P9 CCW?

Feedback Score
    A weapon light should always be in addition to a seperate hand held light.

Anyways I would look at the X300 compact, from the pictures it adds minimal width to the gun when mounted. And as much as I like my CTC lasers I believe my Surefire X300s are better built.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Weaponlights have a purpose. As is, they're currently hugenormous and pose a carry issue for most users.

If i can have my cake im sure as hell going to eat it too.

These lightguards give me the option to add a light to my gun without unnecessary bulk and switches that force me to compromise my grip.

Im sold. This does not mean i will stop carrying a handheld light however.
    I'm with you but if the gun won't fit in your holster it doesn't do me much good. If CTC gets some people behind it to make quality holsters it'd be something I'd consider...

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    The LightGuard is a neat idea but I definitely prefer to keep the light and pistol separate. I understand there are times where having the light mounted on the pistol are useful but there are more times where one will only need a light. Unfortunately, when people mount lights on handguns they tend to treat their pistols like flashlights. I can appreciate having the LightGuard as another "tool in the box" accessory, but it would not replace my flashlight.
    Happily we don't live in a world where there are but two discrete options:

a. Pistol + WML
    b. Pistol + handheld light

There is a third option: Pistol + WML + handheld light...

As technology improves in the WML category, the line between Pistol and Pistol + WML will inevitably be blurred (size, weight, bulk etc) to some extent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I'm with you but if the gun won't fit in your holster it doesn't do me much good. If CTC gets some people behind it to make quality holsters it'd be something I'd consider...
    There will be support for these so i wouldnt worry about it.

Crimson trace is not some obscure manufacturer that goes unnoticed like some of the other laser manufacturers out there so i really wouldnt worry about it.

I know of at least one small kydex outfit that is tooling up to accommodate these accessories. PM me if you want their contact info.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Unfortunately, when people mount lights on handguns they tend to treat their pistols like flashlights.
    People like this are generally referred to as "idiots".

The fact that they exist does not keep those who know better from taking advantage of advances in technology.

Who said you can't carry a pocket flashlight just because you have a light source on your pistol, too?

Feedback Score

Crimson trace is not some obscure manufacturer that goes unnoticed like some of the other laser manufacturers out there so i really wouldnt worry about it.

I know of at least one small kydex outfit that is tooling up to accommodate these accessories. PM me if you want their contact info.
    Right, it's not like this unit has been around for a decade or so...it's just hit the market, so let's allow gear manufacturers to come up with solutions for the option before we condemn it.

While I still want an X300 for duty/carry personally, this may be a neat little addition to my fiance's carry piece when she decides to pick it up later this year...

MSRP of $150, figure with an LE discount it'll probably be around $100 at most vendors...slimmer than a TLR/X300, "easier" activation and the same or lesser price all points to the positive IMO, esp once holster manufacturers come around.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Who said you can't carry a pocket flashlight just because you have a light source on your pistol, too?
    I didn't. I said I could see the LightGuard as another tool in the box but I wouldn't give up my hand held flashlight for it.

I don't mind that there are options. I like seeing what comes out. I heard about Crimson Trace's Light Guard a little while back when one of the local shooters was asked to T&E it so seeing it here is no big surprise.

However, my point was you know how this goes. We already see people whine about the cost of training and gear. When someone has limited money, he buys one option. Often it is the thing that is supposed to do two jobs for the price of one and the owner doesn't even know how to use it properly.

Perhaps I'm jaded because I'm already familiar with a couple of times in my last town where officers used their weapon lights in their cars to do paperwork. Yes, it's dumb but it does happen.
    "Looks like I'm the only one here with a mug full of antidote."

"If I'm standing on it, it's America..."

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Point is, that shouldn't be a knock against this particular light or any other WML...it should be a knock against idiots.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

I wouldn't call CT's current selection of Laser Guard compatible holsters comprehensive...

If there's another option out there just post it, I'm sure someone would appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I wouldn't call CT's current selection of Laser Guard compatible holsters comprehensive...

If there's another option out there just post it, I'm sure someone would appreciate it.
    The custom ordered kydex makers like RCS will probably support it soon after they start shipping.

If not, I'll make my own holster for it until they do.

Anyone know for sure if it has an "on/off" switch like the CT Laser Grips do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast