Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire's business practices suck!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anything can happen, but as the market exists right now, all a move like this will accomplish is to force Ares customers who are looking for premium quality illumination tools to take their business elsewhere.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ares armor View Post
    We are planning on dropping SF due to their nonsensical slow lead times, ridiculous pricing structure, and communistic "Price Fixing" that in our minds is hurting our customer service and hurting the American people in general. Their over the top high prices are being paid by the US government to supply a Flashlight that could be sold for a far lower price. Not to mention they are essentially stealing from their customers by providing a product with a super inflated price point and not allowing dealers to sell it for a lower more reasonable price.

We are taking suggestions on light manufacturers from the community that we should look into.

We have already settled on Insight as they provide what appears to be a more functional and superior product for a much lower price.

What are your opinions on StreamLight or other manufacturers that maybe we are not aware of yet.
    I agree completely...In fact when i recently registered a new Z2-S I bought I mentioned in the comment section of how I think they could lower their prices a bit. They are completely ridiculous, however, the product is amazing. Its really disapointing when a company that sells that many units, ESPECIALLY to LEO and Military not to mention the american people, they cant drop the pricing a little? Personally I dont think it would hurt their numbers to come down in price a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Anything can happen, but as the market exists right now, all a move like this will accomplish is to force Ares customers who are looking for premium quality illumination tools to take their business elsewhere.

AC
    I agree. Especially when Ares is starting to build a reputation for quality and get a buzz. I wouldn't start a post saying Surefire sucks (they certainly don't) and then drop them. Ppl will shop elsewhere. They are expensive and have fixed prices but they are top notch and known for great CS. Bottom line is most people go with Surefire despite incremental price increases because they're the best.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I wouldnt say Surefire sucks, but they are most def. overpriced. Does something happen during the manufacturing process of Surefire that would warrant the bloated prices? Technology has caught up and AS durable lights are being produced at half the cost with better output. Good on you Ares. Site looks great by the way.

Check out:
    Fenix
    HDS Systems RA Series
    Elzetta

I prefer single output, but its hard to locate them in a cr123 besides the Surefire G2, which is great, but too long for my tastes. I currently shoot with a Fenix PD20 R5 in a GS mount and can report zero issues. (Not hardcore use though, just a weekend / class shooter) As far as pistol mounted lights go...its hard to beat an x300 due to it being tough as nails. GS...make a low pro mount for pistols please.
    Last edited by sadmin; 02-01-11 at 15:12.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They may be expensive (prices may have been raised in response to the price of metals/ commodities) but I have been using them since around 1993 or so and I have yet to find flashlights that are better.

Their customer service has always been good to me.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Surefire sucks? That is a very over-the-top statement. They most certainly do not. In my experience, nothing compares to the X300 for a weaponlight.

That said, I do like Streamlights non-weapon light lineup. The Strion and the Stinger series have served me well over the years at work.

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have tried other lights and so far nothing comes close. Streamlights products sucked. I have broken many a M3 light before I went with the Surefire x200 and then to the X300. While surefire prices are high I have not found a superior product personally.
    Pat
    Streamlight are not an option for us. Quality is too low. We are looking more for a smaller company that is producing quality equal to surefire just without that baggage that comes along with being a SureFire dealer.

we are looking at options.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The guy that runs tacticalleds.com can answer your questions, ares. Retired LEO, consummate professional, and very knowledgeable.

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    The guy that runs tacticalleds.com can answer your questions, ares. Retired LEO, consummate professional, and very knowledgeable.
    Thank you we will be contacting him.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have tried other lights and so far nothing comes close. Streamlights products sucked. I have broken many a M3 light before I went with the Surefire x200 and then to the X300. While surefire prices are high I have not found a superior product personally.
    Pat

Huge +1

Surefire products are not built to a price point like other cheap consumer shit. They are built the way they need to be made to last and be durable. However much that costs them, they charge that much to the end user plus the profit margin.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast