Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire's business practices suck!

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have tried other lights and so far nothing comes close. Streamlights products sucked. I have broken many a M3 light before I went with the Surefire x200 and then to the X300. While surefire prices are high I have not found a superior product personally.
    Pat
    So it seems that a lot of people really like the X300. Is there any other light from surefire that is "un-replaceable" in your minds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ares armor View Post
    So it seems that a lot of people really like the X300. Is there any other light from surefire that is "un-replaceable" in your minds.
    I like the handheld G2 series.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I drank the Scout Light Kool-Aid (M300A, M600C), and found it quite delicious. Have a few G2s scattered about, and will likely add a couple of SF suppressors to the mix when the time is right.

They may be harsh overlords, but they also happen to make many of the products that I most want to buy.

AC

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    I drank the Scout Light Kool-Aid (M300A, M600C), and found it quite delicious. Have a few G2s scattered about, and will likely add a couple of SF suppressors to the mix when the time is right.

They may be harsh overlords, but they also happen to make many of the products that I most want to buy.

AC
    Well if we do settle on dropping them you may be receiving some pretty hefty discounts on what we have in stock... haha so there's a plus I guess

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ares armor View Post
    Well if we do settle on dropping them you may be receiving some pretty hefty discounts on what we have in stock... haha so there's a plus I guess
    Lemons into Lemonade. Sign me up.

AC

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Huge +1

Surefire products are not built to a price point like other cheap consumer shit. They are built the way they need to be made to last and be durable. However much that costs them, they charge that much to the end user plus the profit margin.
    That is normal business practice. However, competing with your own dealers by stopping them from giving any discounts to customers only hurts the consumer. We would sell them for a much lower price if allowed to do so.

We are not looking for a "Cheaper" Brand we are looking for a less expensive brand that has equal quality. If there are some products that we cannot replace due to quality we will sell those and only those from Surefire. This will also allow to keep better control of stock and raise our Customer Service levels.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like the handheld G2 series.
    Those are one of the reasons I hate surefire. Horrible switches. Had a lamp just fizzle out at the range without even getting bumped.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those are one of the reasons I hate surefire. Horrible switches. Had a lamp just fizzle out at the range without even getting bumped.
    I use the led upgrade that surefire sells for $35. Well worth it and have not had the LED lamps go out ever. Never had an issue with their switches.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 02-01-11 at 17:24.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

ares armor Guest
    I use the led upgrade that surefire sells for $35. Well worth it and have not had the LED lamps go out ever. Never had an issue with their switches.
    Pat
    If my memory serves me right the p60L bulb is no longer sold. They switched it to the KX-4 which replaces the entire head.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post

AC
    My new m300a is really the perfect weaponlight and its imho a must on any future sbr build until somebody creates something more powerful in a more compact package with the same SF reliability standard.

So that is the only SF light I think currently is indispensable.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast