Quote Originally Posted by 200RNL View Post
A simple observation from the past, about a generally held view
200, before you pile on, maybe you should ask Doc if the 9BP was "one of the best loads available throughout the 90's", in the view of the wound ballistic community. I can tell you the IWBA folks I know sure didn't think so.

Sometimes "generally held views", aren't generally held, by those who actually know what they were talking about.

Compare the data on the 9BP posted here from Evan Marshal's site, or the opinion of this loads effectiveness, with the data and opinion posted by Doc. Notice the discrepancies?

9BP was the darling of gun magazine writers throughout the 90's who touted it in opposition to much better performing 147 grain loads that were available. It became legendary for it's "street performance" pushed by the same writers. That legend continues on today for many who haven't familiarized themselves with the work of folks like Fackler, Wolberg, and Roberts, or the experiences of agencies that switched from 115 grain loads to 147 grain loads in the 1980's or 1990's.

That's why I asked the simple questions that seemed to upset a couple posters, and made them so defensive.