Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switch-barrel upper? -UPDATE pg2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gfelber View Post
    A hand-torqued barrel nut, or "barrel assembly" via FF tube doesn't seem very secure, IMO.
    That's what I thought at first, but honestly, it's very solid... I've never had a reliability issue with it in any way... I can only vouch for about 1.5k rounds, give or take a couple hundred though... and I dont have to re-zero between taking the barrel off and on, but I can obviously see where you'd have to between swithching calibers, obviously.
    "What if I told you 'Oorah, Yut-yut, Semper Fi, Devil Dog'?"
    The two loudest sounds in the world are a gun going boom when you want it to go click, and a gun going click when you want it to go boom

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing a cost:benefits analysis. Or a list of pros/cons.
    Any questions in particular? And I apologize in advance for not being home to be able to take any pictures or get hands on with it for the next month or so. Deployments are lame in that way...
    "What if I told you 'Oorah, Yut-yut, Semper Fi, Devil Dog'?"
    The two loudest sounds in the world are a gun going boom when you want it to go click, and a gun going click when you want it to go boom

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Update to old thread

Here's a review of the MGI modular rifle from Oct 2011; unflattering!

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/10/..._retracti.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123