Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Ropes Day Scheduled - Portland - April 23rd

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    speaking of jugging... i have a fat 3/4" "lifeline" i can use for jugging, but i've only got one ascender that'll work for rope that size. anybody else (tradja) happen to have a shitty old rope and an ascender or two we could use? i've got two ascenders, a couple more would be handy. and since pretty much nobody else in the group climbs, you can be pretty sure you'll actually get them back when we're done.
    Sorry, no ascenders and I just retired my old beater rope.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tradja View Post
    Sorry, no ascenders and I just retired my old beater rope.
    retired ropes are perfect for jugging!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...well 21 is certainly old enough.. but that sort of puts YOU in "hay, that ol' man ain't gonna ride, is he?" age, doesn't it? ...
    It does. I just turned 50. But I still have all my teeth and I upgraded to treachery a long time ago
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I am officially in. As far as the wife goes I have found it best to get some form of limited permission, go, then just do what you want and ask for forgiveness later. This is coming from admittedly little experience but its the plan for the 23.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It does. I just turned 50. But I still have all my teeth and I upgraded to treachery a long time ago
    some of the strongest climbers on earth are 50-55.

and many of my 30ish year old friends dont even have all their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    I am officially in. As far as the wife goes I have found it best to get some form of limited permission, go, then just do what you want and ask for forgiveness later. This is coming from admittedly little experience but its the plan for the 23.
    wives should be given the mushroom treatment, when it comes to things that are dangerous and/or expensive.

sounds like you've got some climbing experience?

---

lets get an official tally-

8 spots, so far we have 6 reserved-

1. bkb0000
    2. tradja
    3. misty
    4. misty's boy
    5. alvin
    6. t-bone

lord vader?
    isaac?
    hot carl?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i've edited the first post to include all (hopefully?) pertinent information, since this thread's long and sort of cluttered.

let me know if i forgot to include anything important. and make sure you contact me if you have any questions/uncertainty about gear- returns are almost NEVER allowed on rope gear.

Feedback Score
    wives should be given the mushroom treatment, when it comes to things that are dangerous and/or expensive.

sounds like you've got some climbing experience?
    I would have to agree.

A little bit, mostly sport climbing but I did clean my first trad route over spring break, it was a super intense 5.7.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    I would have to agree.

A little bit, mostly sport climbing but I did clean my first trad route over spring break, it was a super intense 5.7.
    you lead it? i haven't done any trad yet.. i've sort of had to put the breaks on my gear spending, reminding myself that the whole reason i've been learning to rock climb to begin with is to make myself a better mountaineer- NOT a hardcore rock climber. i'll probably skip trad in favor of aid, once the weather starts to facilitate chalk and rock shoes.

Feedback Score
    you lead it? i haven't done any trad yet.. i've sort of had to put the breaks on my gear spending, reminding myself that the whole reason i've been learning to rock climb to begin with is to make myself a better mountaineer- NOT a hardcore rock climber. i'll probably skip trad in favor of aid, once the weather starts to facilitate chalk and rock shoes.
    Sadly no. I was going to lead the next one but time was short and we had to leave. It was all my brothers gear, its ridiculous how much a couple of cams will run you. I have been half heartily been trying to start ski back-country/mountaineering. Got an AT setup and a beacon, probe, and shovel just need to find some people who want to walk up the mountain not take the lift.

"We don't need no stinkin crampons or axes its June!" How to eat your words.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are we still on? Any more details, such as when & where? I plan to head down to REI and find out how much it'll cost to rent gear. Will probably also need to rent a hotel room. Any shooting planned?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast