Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chrome silicon vs. Stainless mag springs

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    No, CS is copper color and stainless never is, at least that is my informed speculation. CS is not corrosion resistant like stainless.
    Ok that's what I thought. Copper color = chrome silicon, gray = stainless.

By the way, has anyone ever used the CMMG braided springs?: http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/...ent-Spring-915

I used them before and wasn't impressed, they don't fit more than 28 rounds in a mag, even after cutting 3 coils off the spring. I ditched them and put USGI springs back in my mags (glad I only bought 3 to test). Just curious if anyone else had the same experience.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 02-06-11 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok that's what I thought. Copper color = chrome silicon, gray = stainless.
    Not necessarily. I've seen some USIG that have a slight goldish tint to them and CS that are gray to black.

By the way, has anyone ever used the CMMG braided springs.
    Tried in conjunction with their SS followers and removed them shortly thereafter. The spring is installed up-side-down, which was odd. The combo was not smooth and seemed to scrape along the inside of the tube.

Feedback Score
    These KICKASS.

I've been using them for quite a while. They're cheap and they're 10% stronger. Swapped all of my 30rd/20rd mags out with these. Keep lots of pressure on the bolt catch.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 02-08-11 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    These KICKASS.

I've been using them for quite a while. They're cheap and they're 10% stronger. Swapped all of my 30rd/20rd mags out with these. Keep lots of pressure on the bolt catch.
    Sounds good. What have you put'em through?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Sounds good. What have you put'em through?
    Well, I only have been using them for a little over a year now, but they've held up 100% while being loaded/stored full. They've held up 100% through many range trips (maybe 400-500rds per mag x 5-6 mags?) I've got them in a total of 35-40 mags, but only the 5-6 get heavy range time.

Hardly a long enough time to judge accurately, but they're going just as strong as day one. I really like the added pressure - feels more like 20% more power.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 02-08-11 at 23:56.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123