Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEM Install

Feedback Score

LEM Install

I got my LEM kit ordered and started looking around for stuff on line to help me install it. Then I thought.... I'm not the 1st cat to ride this train...... so what is your favorite site / you tube for working on the USP?

This is going into a HK USP 45.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I woudl check out Hk pro, I am pretty sure there was a detailed walk through on doing the LEM install.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Here is a great thread from HKPro;

LEM Installation Instructions

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...n-instructions

Feedback Score
    Sweet! Just what I was looking for. Thanks

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Go to HK pro and look in the HK reference library. There are some install instructions. Or just google it and it will show up like the first or second link. Also just to make it easier on yourself, give yourself a nice work area and just keep things in the order you take them off. The only tools you need are 1/16th punch, 3/32 punch and some needle nose pliers(although i did not need them). It is an easy install and straightforward.

You will hear some people often complain about detail stripping an HK, but you will see it is an easy process once you do it. Don't believe all the stuff you read on the internet. I think most people just say stuff because they read it and don't have any first hand knowledge.

(Seems like some others beat me to it)
    Last edited by Kevin P; 02-05-11 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    That's actually the instruction sheet that should come packaged with your LEM.

The trigger return spring is quite a bear to change out. I left the original in my USP45C and wound up with the 4-4.5 "Light" LEM trigger.

Life was much easier and I got a pull I liked better. I just ordered the components from HK direct this week to convert it into an LEM/Match hybrid trigger. I was curious to see what that's like.

Fedex notification says I should have the parts on the 8th.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I agree. Switching out the trigger return spring (TRS) is the most difficult part of the conversion. It is made much easier if you fabricate a tool to hold it securely and push it into place under tension while inserting the trigger axle.

You can so this fairly easily by filing/grinding a cylindrical recess into the end of a pair of needle nosed pliers.

Other than that, it is pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions provided at HKPRO.

Feedback Score
    Good to know about the Trigger Return Spring. I was planning to try the light version 1st so it will be easiest on me to do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The first one I did took me a couple of hours (including breaks so that I did not lose my cool). The second I accomplished in about 15 minutes. The secret for me was putting a little TW-25 grease on the cocking piece, which helps hold the little spring in place.
    The instructions on the HK Pro website are what I used, as well.
    Last edited by dc202; 02-07-11 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just ordered the components from HK direct this week to convert it into an LEM/Match hybrid trigger.
    Which parts are those?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast