Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The training book thread

Feedback Score
    So this thread cost me some money.

To the OP I just got a copy of PAT MAC's TAPS and sentinel book. I started reading the Sentinel book first. It's very broad spectrum (everything from shooting to how to change a tire) and definitely stream of thought. If you watch PAT MAC's Train as you fight video on Youtube, it's also in the book nearly word for word with some more supporting comments added on. It's an easy read and if he drops jargon, he takes the time to explain it, often in detail. He also recognizes the difference between the .MIL and .CIV application of what he is discussing.

I'll also endorse Kyle Lamb's books Green Eyes and Black Rifles and Stay in the fight. I own and have read both and found them to be well written and well illustrated.

If you feel like digging through old SWAT magazines Rat Rogers and Louis Awerbuck are good reads. They run from gear to mindset.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You know that this is a six-year-old thread, and the OP has been banned for the last three, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just finished dissecting an OK book on preventing aggressive behavior entitled Before Conflict by John Byrnes.

It had a lot of good, simple techniques for putting the smoldering fires out before they burst into flame and also how to put out the fires of aggression. Plus a section on the 'Art of Safe Escape' which covers a lot of areas - DV's; road rage, robbery, etc.

Worth your time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You know that this is a six-year-old thread, and the OP has been banned for the last three, right?
    Thanks for pointing that out. I saw the 2016 posts on page 3 and missed the 2011 posts immediately before that.
    Last edited by cd228; 03-08-17 at 02:32.

Feedback Score
    A really good book to get is "Handgun Training for Personal Protection" by Richard Mann. Anything by Kyle Lamb, Dave Spaulding, Mas Ayoob, or one of my favorites "The Book of Two Guns" are also must reads. Check out Fairburns book on training gunfighters, it's good too. Richard Mann's book was very down to earth and makes a lot of sense, but it is a little different from other firearms training books as he pretty much tells you what he thinks, backs it up with his reasons, and really doesn't care if you agree or not. I have reread it more then anything but the "Book of Two Guns".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234