Thread: 300 LW Suppressor ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

300 LW Suppressor ?

I've been reading all I can and think the new 300 would be a great upper for the occasional hunting trip as well as suppressed platform. There is a manufacturer locally that is offering an upper built with a lightweight YH suppressor but is is not rated for supersonic ammo. They are also a small ammunition manufacturer and offer 240, 220, and 150 subsonic ammo at reasonable prices.

My question is does anyone offer a .30 caliber suppressor that is specific to the 300 blackout ? I don't like the idea of a 25-30 oz. can designed for a .308 on a 300 blackout. But I also want to be able to launch sub or super. If I was only going to shoot sub at this point I would probably go with a 9mm. suppressor at about 7 inches and 10 ozs.

So, any ideas?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    AAC 762-SDN-6
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If the upper runs 150gr subs it will be very overgassed with supersonic.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Shivan,
    Is about 2 inches in length and $200.00 the only difference between the 7.62-sd and the 7.62-sdn-6?

Todd,
    The upper in question is with a permed suppressor so is only rated for subsonic. I appreciate the input. I've read a few hundred pages worth in an attempt to educate myself on the ins and outs of my next endeavor! So, I need to plan on a carbine with heavier rounds suppressed being subsonic and lighter rounds being supersonic to have consistent reliability? Would this work with or without the can?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Shivan,
    Is about 2 inches in length and $200.00 the only difference between the 7.62-sd and the 7.62-sdn-6?
    The 762-SDN-6 is quieter on SBRs up to about a 16-18" gun. The 762-SD is quieter beyond that.

The 762-SDN-6 features all-Inconel baffles and endcap, whereas the 'SD has an Inconel blast baffle and the rest is stainless.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Todd,
    The upper in question is with a permed suppressor so is only rated for subsonic.
    Is this a 9mm can or something? I didn't know YHM made a sub-only 30 cal suppressor.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No, it's a .30. Apparently the owner has been working with YH for the last 15 months or so on this project. I put my eyes and fingerprints on it last week. It could be based on a 9mm but modified. I don't really know. My lane is more the M-4 series in 5.56. He also has about 15,000 subsonic rounds in stock.