Thread: 3-gun match at Blackwater

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

3-gun match at Blackwater

Sunday 26 AUG 2007 there will be a 3gun match at Blackwater. Don't miss it!

http://www.blackwatershooters.com/
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

WoooHooo I did well

Here's the scores the the Blackwater 3gun match. http://www.blackwatershooters.com/mu...N%20SCORES.htm

I was 3rd overall (counting all divisions).
    2nd place in Limited.

I was 1st place in both rifle stages (stages 5 and 6 even beating the Open shooters), I shot in Tactical rifle (Limited) division.

As usual I got my butt beat in shotgun (it's all about the reloads and not shooting the gun dry). 2nd on one stage and 4th on the other.

Team Va Arms Team mate Luis was 5th overall (go lefty! )
    2nd place in Production.

Feedback Score
    Good shooting, congrats!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up

Way-To-Go guys ! ! !

Must get to that one sometime.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man, no practice in weeks and my scores reflected it. I think the long rifle stage did more to kill me than anything else...my zero shifted like crazy between the 3rd and 4th steel swingers somehow.

Hopefully I did well enough on the classifier. I believe this was the match I'll get initially classified from.

How about my boy Chris wrecking shop on that Single Stack division!
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Man, no practice in weeks and my scores reflected it. I think the long rifle stage did more to kill me than anything else...my zero shifted like crazy between the 3rd and 4th steel swingers somehow.

Hopefully I did well enough on the classifier. I believe this was the match I'll get initially classified from.

How about my boy Chris wrecking shop on that Single Stack division!
    Chris did very well.

Even though I won both rifle stages (across all divisions) I think I could have shot the big one (Hold down the Fort) a little quicker had I been able to use my scope at a lower power than 5x. With the scope at 1.5x the dot on my reticle completely covered the A zone which was surrounded by 'hard cover' on the two center targets so instead of risking misses at 1.5-4x I went all the way up to 5x and shot everything on that stage at 5x (which is more accurate just slower on target transitions). On the other stage (Skillz test) I dropped it to 3x.

On our last stage the shotgun first, pistol last my STI jammed on me for the first time. I don't know what caused it but I think it's a combination of me not cleaning it for 3 matches, not cleaning the mags at all at Blackwater and possibly my left thumb slowing the slide. (I was using full power 180gr Magtech ammo) I installed a new recoil and firing pin spring yesterday at work after cleaning it (I use a 11lb variable Wolff) after 13K rounds the pistols not as tight as it once was but still VERY accurate.

I don't know what the MOA size is of my dot in my Leupold, I need to call Leupold and find out. I think it might be 6-8 MOA.