Thread: KAC SR15 11.5 or 16

Feedback Score

Cool KAC SR15 11.5 or 16

While putting the $$$ together too buy an SR15. KAC had too come out with a 11.5. Which should I buy? I don't have the money too buy both.

Feedback Score
    I wish i had your dilemma. Cant own a SBR here in WA but if it was up to me id get the SBR

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you already have a 16", why not get the 11.5?

What are you going to do with it?

Feedback Score
    I think the SBR things is overrated to some degree. If you don't use the carbine in tight spaces often, then there is nothing else really but the cool factor and the loss of velocity. I would stick with the 16" personally, but if you can't afford both, you should simply examine why you may want the SBR over the 16". Is the cool factor worth the extra cost for the stamp, etc. Also, I personally do not like the idea of the ATF knowing I have a particular firearm. If it was a second SR15, then maybe I wouldn't mind so much. But that is just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Feedback Score
    In my honest opinion, it all depends if you already own an AR or multiple AR's. Also, if I were in your shoes, I would first determine what the primary purpose for this rifle you're deciding on is and then weigh the pros and cons. I own both a SR15 and I built a KAC 11.5" using a midlength URX. I probably would have put a deposit down on their new SBR but, I personally do not prefer the 7" rail that is coming on their initial SBR release. Even though I own multiple rifles, my go to is my 16" E3. Everyone has their favorites and that is mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    16" unless there was a good reason not to. Smoother shooting, no wait for the feds, no $200 stamp, longer sight radius, full featured ambi controls, etc etc..
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You'll probably be happier with less hassle, more affordable (more ammo money) 16" over the 11.5".

You might win twice this way, since Knight's will eventually run out of 7" URX rails to use on the 11.5".

Probably wouldn't be the end of the world to ONLY buy the upper down the road, and SBR your existing SR15 lower at that point.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    What barrel profile does the SR-15E3 IWS have?

Feedback Score
    For me I would go for the 11.5 due to the fact that I already have a 16 in. You cannot go wrong with the 16 in if you are not going to make it a sbr and/or use a suppressor.
    Last edited by knights77; 02-26-11 at 10:20.