Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm heading out to HSC in the morning for their action rifle course. They do IDPA, USPSA, action rifle, pistol, two gun, three gun, and SASS. So you can do more than just static line shooting.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    South Tampa here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New Port Richey here.

I do a lot of shooting at Hernando - they allow rapid fire, full auto, but no draw-from-holster. Which to me is rather stupid, considering that most cops are going to be more prone to shoot themselves than civilians who practice and get proper training.

I would like to find a good place to go as well, and some good shooting partners so we can practice some team shooting and on-the-move tactics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On weekdays, the WAC (Pinellas Park) has USPSA and IDPA-like matches in the back action bays that are decent training opportunities. Where I work also sponsors a night at the WAC to shoot with few restrictions, but no real distances involved there.

Usually once a month, there's a 2-gun match to shoot on Sundays.

Those are the only decent training opportunities I can find locally.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    New Tampa/Wesley Chapel here. New member of the forum too. No prior military or Leo experience, just a civilian trying to learn.

Feedback Score
    Sarasota area here. I am coming from a club where I was running IDPA and got really spoiled with my freedom. I would defianatly be interested in finding a club within an hour that was less static. Any info would be great as I am new to the area.

Feedback Score
    Tomorrow the 25th a few guys are going to Hernando Sportsmans club. Range opens at nine and the 200yd range is open for static free shooting. I'm going to get new true 200yd zeros.

Feedback Score

Hey Guy's...Tampa resident checking in

Hello everyone, Velcro here.

I have been in Tampa for over 30 years and have seen it grow when it comes to this community. There is a lot in Tampa, but some of it is kind of hard to find, personally IMO, because of the AOR of the MIL/GOV assets that are here. Because of the population crowding in the area, there is not a lot of active COF other than the WAC (Wyoming Antelope Club, Pinellas Park), Hernando (North), Manatee (South) and I think Gun Crafters is still open. We definitely need something more.

A couple of the Training companies that I would personally recommend, because of personal knowledge of working with either of the instructors in the general area would be GUNRUNNERS (Tampa) and Bushido Tactical (Orlando).

I currently work overseas, but am home often. I was a former LEO, but went in a different direction that led me to my current career choice now for the past (6) years.

I have worked in a lot of the local Tampa "gun anything" so if anyone thinks that I can help them out in anyway...info, contacts, ect. just let me know.

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So is there any interest for a meet, greet and shoot? I would like the opportunity to meet and learn from others in this region.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score

Im good with one...

I am out of the country til mid March, but if there is one around then I am down!

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast