Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushido PDW

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The main question is why would I want this over a 10.3" Mk 18 or some other similar 5.56 SBR?
    Below 10" 5.56 isn't effective and 9mm is a better option. The question is, "Under what circumstances would you need a shoulder fired weapon with the shortest possible OAL?" As a civi where one is typically in and around vehicles when outside and concealment is important I find the PDW concept extremely interesting and probably more useful than a carbine in those situations. I just don't think the AR is the best platform to try to get under 23" OAL especially not in 5.56, .300BLK or 6.8SPC probably make more sense for an actual rifle caliber.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 02-12-11 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I call BULLSHIDO.

1. It's just a 9mm AR. Are they new??

2. Why is the girl in that ad combing her hair with a pistol?

3. There is a lot of shit on that gun.

4. Does the author have a crush on the guys modeling the guns and tactical gear?

OK, Seriously. Nothing new to see here. 5.56 does more tissue damage than 9mm, so in the same size platform get a 5.56 IMO. Or better, a 6.8 which was design optimized for shorter barrels.

IMO this is re-invention of the wheel in octogon shape rather than round.

Feedback Score
    I must admit that I have a place in my heart for my old MP5 in the days before we switched to SBR's. I could drive a tack with that baby and IMO the MP was easier to maneuver inside of rooms and was easier to control in automatic fire. But the 11.5" AR's with Surfire cans we went to have the advantage of a rifle caliber combined with the same manual of arms as the weapons we have on patrol. And they are not THAT less maneuverable or controllable.

It's all a matter of give and take I guess.
    Last edited by tgace; 02-12-11 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    I was also under the impression that the PDW concept was intended to give pilot's, and other "cramped conditions" service people a compact "defensive" weapon, not a combat rifle. I dont know if 100+ round drums help in that role.
    Last edited by tgace; 02-12-11 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The article referenced reminds me of this one.

Feedback Score
    Here is the smg that MotoDuck mentioned earlier. A very fun gun to shoot. As a lefty I find the controls on the AR lower much easier to use than an MP5, thus one of the reasons I like to use this subgun.

M16 lower + 4" 9mm barrel = Good Times

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Unfortunately the facts don't support this, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Below 10" 5.56 isn't effective and 9mm is a better option. The question is, "Under what circumstances would you need a shoulder fired weapon with the shortest possible OAL?" As a civi where one is typically in and around vehicles when outside and concealment is important I find the PDW concept extremely interesting and probably more useful than a carbine in those situations. I just don't think the AR is the best platform to try to get under 23" OAL especially not in 5.56, .300BLK or 6.8SPC probably make more sense for an actual rifle caliber.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Someone tipped me off to this thread... I normally would never venture into a pistol AR forum... but now I wonder...

Are there more special olympians in the pistol forum or the Shotgun forum?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Someone tipped me off to this thread... I normally would never venture into a pistol AR forum... but now I wonder...

Are there more special olympians in the pistol forum or the Shotgun forum?
    Hehe, these are my first two replies in a thread w/in this subforum....I just saw the thread title and who wouldnt come sniff this party to see whats down
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-12-11 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Unfortunately the facts don't support this, but ok.
    Which facts? That 5.56 sucks out of VSBRs? Shorter OAL is easier to handle in tight confines and easier to hide/store? 'm curious what you would use that wouldn't be considered a PDW type weapon (regardless of caliber) if you were doing CONUS PSD work and needed/wanted a shoulder fired weapon knowing you'd be driving and or constantly in and out of normal vehicles. While this may not be your reality, it is mine (I am the PSD for my family) and I haven't found anything that fits this niche well.

Disclaimer: I know full well the pistol is more practical in everyday application.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 02-12-11 at 18:37.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast