Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

308 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post

308 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Very nice looking 308! Your hand guard looks familiar. Where did you get the QD sockets? Did they come with? At least they didn’t come with mine. I normally run my sling in the first QD socket of my rails, but with my 308, the base of my barrel is too thick for my sling swivel to seat properly and I have to run it at the barrel end of the hand guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Very nice looking 308! Your hand guard looks familiar. Where did you get the QD sockets? Did they come with? At least they didn’t come with mine. I normally run my sling in the first QD socket of my rails, but with my 308, the base of my barrel is too thick for my sling swivel to seat properly and I have to run it at the barrel end of the hand guard.

Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy everytime you post your 308 as well.
    This is a CMT 308 rail. The QD sockets came that way.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy everytime you post your 308 as well.
    This is a CMT 308 rail. The QD sockets came that way.
    I realized after zooming in (on my iPhone) that our rails are not the same, but they are so similar! I’m a big fan of CMT, and have thought about doing a CMT build, just not 100% sure I want to do it with billet.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    New build.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Very nice build Buford T!

Specs?

What optic do you plan to use?

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

AR10 Picture Thread 😊

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Very nice build Buford T!

Specs?

What optic do you plan to use?

-Rainman
    Thank you!

Faxon 16" mid-gas, continuous taper barrel, 4150 CMV Nitride 1:10 with hybrid Target crown. I had it cryo-treated along with the likely-shitty radical Nitride BCG.

Matrix Arms matched 7075-T6 forged receiver set. Rear cut appears to be Armalite pattern, but top rail is DPMS high dimension.

MEGA Arms/Zev Tech AR10 WedgeLock keymod rail in extended rifle length (14.5") with std titanium barrel nut.

BCM gunfighter CH.

SLR Sentry 7 Ti set screw gas block, installed using my bomb proof method (an amalgam of solid techniques developed from IraqGunz, Grant, and my own experience.), posted about elsewhere on M4C.

Spikes Nitride 304 stainless mid gas tube.

Sprinco AR10 dual extractor spring set installed in bolt.

Vltor A5 RE. Sprinco red spring with optional cryo treatment. PWS H4 carbine buffer (6.8oz), Magpul K2 grip, Geissele SSA-E trigger, BCM GF Stock.

PWS keymod front bipod mount, BCM KAG, IWC keymod QD sling mount.

Capped on the tip with a SiCo ASR trifecta flash hider, mounted using Rocksett, for my Saker 7.62.

I ordered last night a primary Arms Fake-COG 3x prism unit with the etched/illuminated ACSS reticle. I've used several and have been impressed with their performance for the price, so I think it'll be a good first step.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I drilled the upper for the blind anti-rotation pin that was also provided with the handguard. The upper had a dimple for the pin already present.

Heavy AR10 std Carbine length heavy buffer
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 01-21-18 at 11:40.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nice spec.

Don't forget to post a report on how it shoots!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Nice spec.

Don't forget to post a report on how it shoots!

-Rainman
    Will do. The BCG will eventually be replaced by an LMT enhanced. But, I've had a difficult time finding those and I paid precious little for this one.

Word is that the UK contract is eating up all the 7.62 enhanced BCG production capacity for now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Will do. The BCG will eventually be replaced by an LMT enhanced. But, I've had a difficult time finding those and I paid precious little for this one.

Word is that the UK contract is eating up all the 7.62 enhanced BCG production capacity for now.

I just saw one that was in stock, but I can’t remember where it was! If I can find it, I’ll pm you.

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast