Thread: 9mm AR w/ rail

Feedback Score

9mm AR w/ rail

I have seen several post with pics of 9mm ARs with rails. I attempted to mount a KAC on my Colt, but there was nothing to secure it to (Gas tube). How are you mounting the rails. Mine is fine until you put pressure on the VFG, and then it twist. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    i have a YHM free float rail on my 9mm ... it works perfect. No movement at all.

I believe the reason why yours is twisting a little bit is because you might have a 2 piece hand rail which needs to be attached to something at the end towards the barrel.

The VFG (vertical forward grip) actually amplifies the looseness of having a 2 piece handrail. Kinda of think of it as like a ... tire iron... the longer the handle is, the easier it is to torque (does that make sense?)

I hope this helps??

Here's mine

norman
    Spike's Tactical Sales Associate

"These are lessons learned when time is short and warning. We answered the call without hesitation and never gave to doubt any thought o'failure.
    They faced us with steel and we responded in kind. For there is no difference except for the belief"

Feedback Score
    The KAC rail needs to attach to the hand guard cap at the front sight base and then tighten the screw on the top rear, which it seems you have already done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ran a DD rail on the last one I used.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Stickman,

thats a nice piece of machinery you have there.

I need to get some photo equipment like yours!

Bondster, have we helped you with your questions?
    Spike's Tactical Sales Associate

"These are lessons learned when time is short and warning. We answered the call without hesitation and never gave to doubt any thought o'failure.
    They faced us with steel and we responded in kind. For there is no difference except for the belief"

Feedback Score
    Get a RIS with the UK lower rail and it will lock in just fine.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What rail do you have?

It's a two piece that uses the delta ring and endcap I assume? Good 2-piece handguards ought to have nubs that fit into a couple of the notches in the barrel nut. That and the gas tube usually keep them in place.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...