Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Pin Size and serial #'s

Feedback Score

Colt 6920 Pin Size and serial #'s

I'm looking to buy a LE6920. A guy selling them has a few with serial #'s between 60000 and 70000.

Does anybody know if these are in the range of the newer rifle with small pins?

Feedback Score
    I also am interested to know where the change over took place... number wise that is.
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Yes, those are for sure .155 pin FCG.

Feedback Score
    I called Colt and a very nice customer service girl looked it up.

She said the change over began Spring 2009 and started in after 60000.

HOWEVER she said they used both pins through the summer of 2009 to use up inventory. So guns numbered in the 60000's may be a mixed bag.

She told me to make sure I bought after rifle number after 70000 to be absolutely sure.

I just bought an LE6920 on GunBroker and checked with the seller that it was 70000+ first.
    Last edited by OldState; 02-15-11 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    This weekend at the gun show near my house, a guy from a bid gun store had a table set up with a new LE6920 for sale.
    When I asked about the pins the dope looked at me condescendingly and with a smug tone told me "Colt hasn't made rifles with large pins in 12 years".
    I hope I see him at the next show. Shows again why you need to do your own research!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One has to remember that there are more than one set of "pins" in the rifle. He was talking about pivot and takedown pins where you were talking about hammer and trigger pins. If either of you would have elaborated on precisely which pins you were speaking about, you likely would have had a more productive conversation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound_va View Post
    One has to remember that there are more than one set of "pins" in the rifle. He was talking about pivot and takedown pins where you were talking about hammer and trigger pins. If either of you would have elaborated on precisely which pins you were speaking about, you likely would have had a more productive conversation.
    The way I actually asked the question was "Is this one of the newer Colts with all the standard size pins etc".

Either way, he is still a dope for responding that way.

Feedback Score
    70,000+

Thank you very much.
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I did find some internet posts from people with #'s in the high 50000's claiming their rifles had small FCG pins.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I have a 50k Colt with .155 FCG pins. Can post a photo if you want. They exist. I know someone mentioned having a 40k, but I can't confirm that one.

It was my understanding that they changed somewhere in the 50k range, and I've never seen a 60k or 70k rifle that was not .155 FCG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast