Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 6920 Pin Size and serial #'s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    I have a 50k Colt with .155 FCG pins. Can post a photo if you want. They exist. I know someone mentioned having a 40k, but I can't confirm that one.

It was my understanding that they changed somewhere in the 50k range, and I've never seen a 60k or 70k rifle that was not .155 FCG.
    That's good to hear. The girl at Colt seemed to be paging through a book looking for it. She said they get asked all the time. Who knows?

It seems this stuff is common-

10 years ago I bought a base model Kimber 1911 to be turned into a Bully-eye pistol. My gunsmith noticed the parkerised gun had a SS frame and a carbon slide so it couldn't be blued (the whole gun) when he was done. He said this was common and he always did a cold blue test on the feedramp before he starts fitting any pistol.

When I called, Kimber insisted they only used carbon frames on that model. Took them a week to to find out SS slides were randomly put on the line with no way to track by serial #. They did replace my pistol but it is was a major delay and pain. I read they still do this today.

I never thought that a large and reputable company would do such things.
    Last edited by OldState; 02-16-11 at 00:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12