Thread: Govt. Profile Barrel vs. Medium Contour & SOCOM Barrels.

Feedback Score

Govt. Profile Barrel vs. Medium Contour & SOCOM Barrels.

Hello,

When it comes to the semi-auto AR-15 Rifle & M4 Carbine, how many rounds per minute does one have to be firing before he needs or at least benefits from the heavier Medium Contour & SOCOM Barrels.

Say for an example, a guy was going to fire 120 rounds @ 30 R.P.M., wait 3 minutes, then fire 120 more rounds @ 30 R.P.M., wait 3 minutes and then fire another 120 rounds @ 30 R.P.M., then let the barrel cool to 80-90 degrees before firing another shot. Would this guy need a Medium Contour Barrel on his Rifle or a SOCOM Barrel on his Carbine?

The reason for my question is, I simply feel better having a Medium Contour Barrel vs. a Govt. Profile even thow I don't do that much sustained rapid firing, but, I also often wonder if carrying the extra weight around is worth it, or really needed?

Thanks for your replies.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you mounting a Can?

If not - you dont really need a heavier profile barrel.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Hello Kevin & Thanks.

No, I'm not planning on a Can anytime soon, but, I still want the option when the time comes.

How does a Can effect the Govt. Profile Barrel, and is it OK on a Govt. Profile & Std. M4 Barrel for slow fire?

Thanks & Thanks for Your Military Service.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.