Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliminating "wiggle"

Feedback Score

Eliminating "wiggle"

Easiest way to eliminate the movement or "wiggle" between your upper and high-self lower receiver. I used an O-ring of .75" in dia., .1875" thick. Works great, feels solid. So far o-ring has lived up to repeat compressions with no damage. NOTE: I would like to retract this statement, as others posting to this thread have stated this suggestion is not a good idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SigFanWA View Post
    Easiest way to eliminate the movement or "wiggle" between your upper and high-self lower receiver. I used an O-ring of .75" in dia., .1875" thick. Works great, feels solid. So far o-ring has lived up to repeat compressions with no damage.

You won't feel the same way when some or all of that o-ring ends up in your fire control group...
    I speak from experience as I have found a piece of rubber in a fire control group during a 3 gun match.
    The guy's response was "well, I put that in there to take out the slack between the receivers, but it was pinched in place so there's no way it could just slide out"
    When it slides under the trigger, your trigger STOPS working.

I hope your picture shows a brand new lower, because it sure has not been shot much if at all from looking at the buffer face.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Here's a hint.

If the wobble was bad, it wouldn't be there!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If you don't like the wiggle (I don't either) use an Accuwedge, it doesn't make the rifle more accurate it just makes the wiggle stop. JP makes a two piece rear takedown screw that does the same thing but requires tools to take your AR apart, which is why I don't use one.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Ill get an accu-wedge......Thanks for the advise.

And, yes my LMT is new, haven't fired this one yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go to Lowe's, HD or any good hardware store and buy some #7 o-rings.
    Remove your upper from the lower and slide this o-ring over the front pivot of the upper.
    Reattach upper and lower and all slack/wiggle should be gone.
    Best of all if/when the o-ring fails it'll be on the outside where it can't mess with your tigger group.

Feedback Score
    the accu-wedge has no place on a serious fighting rifle that you want to depend on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by striped1 View Post
    the accu-wedge has no place on a serious fighting rifle that you want to depend on.
    Why would that be?

Not to be confused with an armchair commando but I've fired a few rounds with one in my old Colt (and a few more) without any problems. In fact with the takedown pin locking it in place, it's hard for me to imagine what might happen. Just curious.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any time you place something inside your reciever that is not permanently attached, you take your chances.

I've seen one work loose and prevent a bolt from being able to be pulled back.

get over the little wriggle and concentrate on shooting and you will forget about the wriggle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    Go to Lowe's, HD or any good hardware store and buy some #7 o-rings.
    Remove your upper from the lower and slide this o-ring over the front pivot of the upper.
    Reattach upper and lower and all slack/wiggle should be gone.
    Best of all when the o-ring fails it'll be on the outside where it can't mess with your tigger group.
    Actually, half of the o-ring ends up in your trigger and the other half falls off the outside.
    I have actually SEEN this happen as well.
    The carrier/bolt must have grabbed the piece of o-ring and taken it back to the FCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Any time you place something inside your reciever that is not permanently attached, you take your chances.
    +1
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast