Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 9mm Mag Problems

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    ...but mags are cheap...
    I make a pretty good salary, but $50-$65/mag for the 32rd COLT mags gets my knickers in a twist real quick...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I make a pretty good salary, but $50-$65/mag for the 32rd COLT mags gets my knickers in a twist real quick...
    Hey Now, dont be making me an employee of H&K!

But the Govt price for those mags is not anywhere near that price
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    But the Govt price for those mags is not anywhere near that price
    I thought COLT stopped making 9mm mags. Or did they just stop making them for we mere mortals.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt never made 35rd 9mm mags, only 20/32rd mags.

Are you sure you don't have a after market mag (like one from south america?)

Feedback Score
    Hello,

New member here with a lot of experience with Colt 9mm and SMG variants (Retired Class 3 02 Manufacture)- I currently shoot and sell colt 20 and 32 round mags. (Pic of my gun below).

Firstly your mag is 32 rds or 20 rounds.
    It is either the preban style\era metal follower with parkerized finished or it has a blued finish with a plastic follower (many of these are stamped LEO) these mags are sometimes prone to problems due to the plastic follower and plastic hold open device being subject to wear.

As several members have said 1) you need to lower your mag block and 2) disassemble and clean the inside of the well 3) Load no more than 32 rds.

Because these mags are inexpensive and plentiful for agencies they are seldom serviced and even the best mags accumulate debris from PD training and duty use. I have literally sold 100's of these (metal follower with parkerized finished) mags with minimal problems. I have had some issues with the blued mags (mainly due to problems associated with the plastic follower-bolt hold open getting or being damaged). The Colt mags work very well (they are all that I use in sub gun matches).

Sincerely,
    Tim

Last edited by Tim_FL; 02-18-08 at 23:27. Reason: 3) Load no more than 32 rds.

Feedback Score
    I had a RRA 9mm carbine that would not run with Colt mags either...or CP's for that matter. It went back to RRA three times and still would not run 100%. Finally out of frustration I sold the thing!

Move to the present...I just purchased a brand new Colt 6450 two weeks ago and it's been tits! 100% reliable with multiple ammo types/brands and with my Colt and CP mags! I don't know if my Colt mag block is the newest version or not...it is a one piece with two roll pins, but no allen screw w/detent ball.

My old Colt mags that gave me problems had plastic followers. My five new Colt 32 rounders have really nice metal followers.

Yes I know...the 6450 does not come flat-topped! I bought a factory Colt A3 upper receiver from Brownell's and switched it out first thing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12