Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just finished my First Responder class

Feedback Score

I just finished my First Responder class

Now I’m going to schedule my NREMT exam. I took OK notes during lecture and I plan to re-read the text this weekend, does anyone have any additional advice for test prep?

Thanks in advance.
    ---
    Ceddie
    ~
    A well armed hippie with a generally poor attitude about how the ‘left’ has chosen to redefine ‘liberalism’… LIVE & LET LIVE use to mean something.

Feedback Score
    Assuming NREMT first responder is a similar format to paramedic there isnt really anything you need to do at this point beyond look at some practice test questions and relax.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score

NREMT-B Exam tips

i'm a medic in the army and have to take the NREMT-B exam every two years. my advice is to get a good nights rest, have a good breakfast, and come test time don't second guess yourself. remember the meds an EMT can give and assist with. The bone in the pic of the foot is the Calcaneus, which has been every version of the test that i've taken. best of luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgard View Post
    Assuming NREMT first responder is a similar format to paramedic there isnt really anything you need to do at this point beyond look at some practice test questions and relax.
    They are the same except the Paramedic actually gets to do what they are tested on. As long as you study and just relax and REALLY READ the questions you'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Feedback Score
    The test is fairly easy if you did well in the class. Just don't put off taking it, schedule and go take it. The format is a tad intimidating if you've not taken a computer based test like it previously. The thing just shuts down at some point when either you've passed or failed. I had my results back quickly so there was not too much time to sit around and wonder if I passed or not.

Good luck and let us know when you pass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats OP. Im in the class now, its the same stuff I took for EMT but didnt keep up on it so I had to take this.

I personally like First Responder more. I can help but dont have to get too deep in. Plus being in the FD it keeps me on the Engine and Truck more than the Ambo.

Feedback Score
    Roger that. gonna schedule the exam in the next week or so. Honestly, the challenging part is making the time to get down to the test center.
    the entire course was just common sense stuff with limiting factors to protect the responder.

04rwon, do you feel like you are limited on what you can do vs what you are allowed to do as a FR when you use to be an EMT?
    Last edited by Ceddie; 02-21-11 at 08:12. Reason: spelling/grammer
    ---
    Ceddie
    ~
    A well armed hippie with a generally poor attitude about how the ‘left’ has chosen to redefine ‘liberalism’… LIVE & LET LIVE use to mean something.

Feedback Score
    I took the exam last Sat. passed without a problem.

Now to figure out which will work into night school better FF1 or EMT-B
    ---
    Ceddie
    ~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My recommendation echos several others. Try not to stress too much over it, get a good night's rest before, and EAT BREAKFAST! Nothing worse than sitting through that test with your gut a rumblin' and you getting that gnawing feeling.

Also, as stupid as this sounds, make sure you "evacuate" your bowels before you go in.

Good luck brother, and stay safe out there!

H
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."-Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All of this advice is spot-on. The one item that I feel is most beneficial is the practice questions. I sat thru state boards for my RN license that sound very much the same as your exam and doing practice questions each night helps prepare you for the mindset of the exam. Also, I second the idea of not waiting too long to take the test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast