Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M4C T-Shirts Now Available

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

M4C T-Shirts Now Available

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After much discussion, a few false starts, and a fairly intense development cycle, we are pleased to announce that the "First-Pattern" M4C T-Shirt is at last a reality. As the coordinator for this project, I've been asked to introduce the shirts, offer a few insights into the design, and provide specific information on pricing and availability.

From the beginning, our production values were extremely straightforward: we wanted to deliver a premium-quality shirt with a simple, clean design that reflected our shared purpose; one that would be equally appropriate for the range or general wear. To that end, we went with the best Gildan 6.1 oz. 100% pre-shrunk cotton base garments that we could get, an industry-leading production house, and an internally-generated design.

The design elements themselves are largely self-explanatory. The front of the shirt features a stylized "M4" logo that evokes the profile of a carbine barrel, front sight post and handguard, along with a text reference to the site's URL.

The M4 logo component appears again on the rear of the shirt atop a shield (symbolizing defense and protection) that features a prominent M4 carbine in silhouette superimposed over an IPSC-style target (symbolizing our commitment to training). American flag elements in the background pay homage to the foundational role of our 2A freedoms. Slightly different shading configurations have been developed, each optimized for the underlying color of the base garment.

Reflective of our civil, LEO, military and contractor/industry professional membership base, the shirt is available in four basic colors:

Black

Blue (Limited Availability)

Olive Drab

Tan

These photos were taken in natural sunlight for clarity. Shirts are darker in person than they appear on your screen.

All of the preceding colors are now available in sizes M to 2XL at a cost of $14 each from G&R Tactical. To order, click here to access the dedicated G&R product page.

We do have other items in development, and will pursue these over time as we take measure of the reception this initial effort receives.

AC

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I wanted to thank AC as he was the spearhead in getting this project rolling. He came up with an outstanding design we can all be proud of.

Thanks for all the hard work AC.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    G&R's site must be down at the moment. 3:24 CST

Either that, or the flood of people wanting to buy these shirts has overwhelmed his servers.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-18-11 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, I definitely want one, but I was trying SO HARD to not make a three orders from Grant this quarter...
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice, definitely want to pick one of these up. Would be cool to have before I take a Vickers class this March.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    This is just outstanding! A very large tip of the hat to AC and all others involved.

Orders inbound.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I like!

Any chance of getting some long sleeve styles?

Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Shirts came out great. Big thanks to AC for all is work!

C4

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Very nice Chief and work appreciated!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."

-Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way.

AC

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Another perspective from the current G&R product page:

Again, the color graduations on the actual shirts are signficantly darker.

AC

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    They look great. I'll be placing an order shortly.

This is why G&R Tactical is so cool- one stop shopping!
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 02-19-11 at 18:57.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Good looking T order placed

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Save me a L mens in black for my wife. I'll order it tomorrow!
    FFL/SOT armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    order sent! Tan large. Kinda funny, you know by wearing m4c shirts, we're kinda putting a target on our back.

couldnt resist

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For your Saturday night entertainment, here are a few answers about the design to questions that no one has actually (yet) asked ...

Q: The M in the M4 logo looks a lot like the one that BMW uses for the ///M series of sports cars? Was that intentional?
    A: Yes and no, but mostly no. As a longtime BMW ///M-car owner, I suppose I may have had it in my brain someplace, but the actual reason it came out that way was simply because I wanted to match the angle used on stylized 4/front sight post.

Q: The M4 obviously uses an A2 birdcage flash suppressor, but the logo and the carbine graphic both look like they have A1 flash suppressors on them. What gives?
    A: We call that "artistic license." When these were originally mocked-up, the flash suppressors only had the top row of slots. While this was correct in a technical sense, it left things feeling visually unbalanced; hence the change to a more "recognizable" configuration.

Q: Isn't there a step-down on the M4's barrel just behind the flash suppressor, in addition to the M203 step-down?
    A: This is probably more of an issue on the logo than on the carbine, since the logo is larger and more prominent. Being a detail guy, I actually considered putting it there, but then realized that (a) things weren't being rendered precisely to scale in the logo, anyway, and (b) this would just add needless complexity to what was intended to be a very straightforward design. The M203 step-down is the distinguishing feature in the minds of most, which is why it is the main point of emphasis on the barrel.

Q: Is the carbine pictured supposed to be an M4 or an M4A1?
    A: Sure. Truth be told, it was actually re-mastered from the 300 dpi M4 photo on Colt Defense's web site, but I digress.

Q: Do the five stars in the flag field have any special significance?
    A: No, but let's pretend that they represent a cross-section of our membership: civilian shooters, LEOs, military servicemembers, industry professionals and other subject matter experts (i.e. private security contractors).

And I now see that this one has been asked in a manner of speaking ...

Q: Didn't you just put a target on my back with this design?
    A: Right, but it's on the back. Front Toward Enemy, remember? The only way a bad guy is ever going to see it is if you cut and run, and because of the size of the graphic, it's going to look like you are a lot farther away, so I'm sure you'll be much harder to hit. =]

AC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any update on this? All the links and photos seem to be non-working. I'll definitely order one if I can figure out where to go...

Time of this posting is 0810 EST 2/20/11
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Any chance of getting some long sleeve styles?
    In time, yes. That was originally part of the plan (as was a small run of hoodies), but by the time we actually reached the production stage, our sense was that we were getting fairly close to the seasonal change, and it probably made more immediate sense to just stick with the basics.

If the demand is there, this could become a very real possibility for later in the year, though I suppose much will depend upon what happens with the stock that we already have on hand. We're still in something of a "discovery learning" mode here; trying to provision a few core items that our member base might want, without ending up with M4C-themed, ostrich feather-plumed, leopard print pimp hats.

Then again, as long as they didn't interfere with wearing earpro ...

AC

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Any update on this? All the links and photos seem to be non-working. I'll definitely order one if I can figure out where to go...

Time of this posting is 0810 EST 2/20/11
    Not sure if Grant is working under the hood at the moment or not, but the G&R site does seem to have gone up and down few times over the past day or two. My guess is that it will be back up in relatively short order.

AC

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    We're still in something of a "discovery learning" mode here; trying to provision a few core items that our member base might want, without ending up with M4C-themed, ostrich feather-plumed, leopard print pimp hats.
    Well, although I would not wear one, I would buy a couple for gifts to special friends!

Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No size Small?

Poop.
    ..It was you to me who taught
    In Jersey anythings' legal, as long as you don't get caught.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast