Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can for .338 TRG 42

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Can for .338 TRG 42

Any thoughts on who makes a can for the TRG 42 in .338? Must mount with out moding the barrel. Any real world time with the can/ maker you suggest?
    Thanks for your time
    Matt

CMPM14NM Guest

Surefire

Surefire makes a .338 Lapua suppressor and a TRG-42 specific adapter. No modifications are required.

I have seen numerous Surefire cans in use and have a 556K personally. I have a 762K on the way for my TRG-22, though that one will require rethreading to US threads.

My Surefire can displays no (as in nada, zero, zilch) point of impact shift at 200 meters. This is the only Surefire can I've put on actual paper at distance. I've shot numerous other Surefire cans, including the 556AR and the 556K, and all of them have still been on 8" steel at 200 meters. That's using USGI M855 Greentip that shoots about 5" at that distance so it wouldn't be hard for any POI shift to pull rounds off of the 8" steel. A friend of my has a 762K can on a GA Precision rifle and he has no point of mpact shift at 300 meters.

From what I'v seen first hand, compared to other manufacturers cans, the Surefire cans are the only ones I'd hang off of a centerfire rifle.

Feedback Score
    The all steel AAC .338LM Titan is the quietest centerfire rifle can I have ever heard. I will buy a rifle just so I can own that can.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have heard the Titan as well, shot side by side to a 762 SD at the silencertest shoot and it was amazingly quiet for a centerfire can.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMPM14NM View Post
    From what I'v seen first hand, compared to other manufacturers cans, the Surefire cans are the only ones I'd hang off of a centerfire rifle.
    Bah, you still tried to gank my Evo-9 though.

Anyway, SRT Arms will make a .338LM can for you...http://www.srtarms.com/

CMPM14NM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Bah, you still tried to gank my Evo-9 though.

Anyway, SRT Arms will make a .338LM can for you...http://www.srtarms.com/
    I did but that's not a centerfire rifle.... The Evo 9 is the quietest centerfire pistol can I've heard.

That was the day we shot the Surefire 556K against the M4-2000 for sound, wasn't it?

Feedback Score
    The SF has a proven track record on the TRG42.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I did but that's not a centerfire rifle.... The Evo 9 is the quietest centerfire pistol can I've heard.

That was the day we shot the Surefire 556K against the M4-2000 for sound, wasn't it?
    Yep...that was the day that my bolt gun with an M42k sounded very similar to an AR with a SF 556 can on it.

Imagine my surprise when the Surefire didn't sound like a coke bottle with some filler in it when shot side-by-side to the M42k.

CMPM14NM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Yep...that was the day that my bolt gun with an M42k sounded very similar to an AR with a SF 556 can on it.

Imagine my surprise when the Surefire didn't sound like a coke bottle with some filler in it when shot side-by-side to the M42k.
    Yeah, shooting the same ammunition, side-by-side, bolt gun (AAC M4-2000) versus M4 (SF556K), no one could tell a sound difference. They both sounded just fine. It's pretty interesting stuff when all the hype get's peeled away on the range.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Surefire makes a .338 Lapua suppressor and a TRG-42 specific adapter. No modifications are required.
    Are they readily available to civilians?

Any links to them, for some reason I can't find info on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast