Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More than one SBR Upper

Feedback Score
    If I already have a registered lower, am I required each time I purchase a new SBR upper, pay a $200 tax?

Quote Originally Posted by mac37 View Post
    Can I have more than one SBR upper for the same registered lower? Or am I limited to one upper at any given time? My registration lists several calibers, so can I have all three uppers at the same time? I did a search and found no clear answer. Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Not for additional uppers on the same, already registered lower. You do have to pay $200 each time you register an additional lower or other NFA item, i.e., suppressor, etc.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Not for additional uppers on the same, already registered lower. You do have to pay $200 each time you register an additional lower or other NFA item, i.e., suppressor, etc.
    The tax is paid for each SBR (the lower is the SBR) you may have as many other uppers for it as you like.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    If I already have a registered SBR lower, would I have to go through a dealer to obtain a new 10.5" upper or can I order it and have it shipped to my home? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The tax is paid for each SBR (the lower is the SBR) you may have as many other uppers for it as you like.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVA_SAR View Post
    If I already have a registered SBR lower, would I have to go through a dealer to obtain a new 10.5" upper or can I order it and have it shipped to my home? Thanks.
    You can have it sent to your house.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by welchtactical View Post
    Is there a ATF form for listing multi-caliber, or barrel lengths? Or do you just send a well written letter advising them that you want to run several calibers and Bbl lengths?
    I just sent the ATF a letter about buying a 9mm upper for my SBR.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Midland, Ga (25 Miles North East of Fort Benning)
    Feedback Score
    Below is the letter that I sent to BATF. If you want pm me and I will send it by e-mail.
    Luke

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Reference: Additional Information on my ATF Form 1 (5320.1)

CERTIFIED MAIL

National Firearms Act Examiner
    National Firearms Act Branch,
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    244 Needy Road
    West Virginia 25405

Dear National Firearms Act Examiner,

Subject: Additional Information for ATF Form 1 (5320.1)

I have included this attachment sheet for the additional description of the firearm listed in 4h of ATF Form 1 (5320.1). I have listed 5.56 as the caliber because this is the most widely used caliber for this style of firearm. In the future, I plan on buying other upper receiver and barrels group for this weapon. They include the following calibers of upper receiver.

.22 Long Rifle
    .204 Ruger
    5.56 x 45 mm NATO
    .223 Remington
    .243 WSM
    6.5 Grendael (.264 cal)
    6.8 SPC (.270cal)
    .300 Wisper
    7.62 x 39mm
    9mm Parabellum
    .45 ACP
    45 Bushmaster
    .458 SOCOM
    .50 AE
    .50Beowulf
    .50 BMG

I have listed barrel length 11.5” in 4e of ATF Form 1 because this is the length of barrel that I have on order for this receiver. I plan on buying barrels of different lengths that fall with in the National Firearms Act of 1934. They include the following lengths:

7.5”
    8.5”
    10.5”
    11.5”
    14.0”
    14.5”

These are the possible barrel lengths of upper receivers that I may purchase. The additional over length is related to the various barrel length possibilities. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me either by phone or email at luke.v.keating@xxxxxxx.xxx xxx-xxx-xxxx cell or my home at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Additional Description of Firearm Serial Number xxxxxx

Additional Markings
    On right side of receiver on the Magazine well “SFC Luke V. Keating (Ret) Trust”
    Midland, Ga

If this is with BATF guidelines and regulation could you sign and return this Letter of Amendment with my ATF Form 1 (5320.1) so that Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies are not confused about the SBR with Serial Number 27474.

By authority of the Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, this amendment has been examined and the applicant’s making and registration of the firearm described above is:

Approved (With the following conditions, if any) Disapproved (For the following reasons)

Authorized ATF Official Date:

Respectfully yours,
    SFC Luke V. Keating (Ret)
    US Army Retired

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Are any of the changes listed in that letter considered permanent?

If not, I'm entirely confused by the recent influx of people wanting to get "permission" letters for non-permanent modifications.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Are any of the changes listed in that letter considered permanent?

If not, I'm entirely confused by the recent influx of people wanting to get "permission" letters for non-permanent modifications.

Pure and simple...fear.

Same reason why some people photo copy their form 4s to fit in their wallet, stocks, underneath the brim of their hat so just incase ANYONE asks about your paperwork you have it...

purely speculation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What about printing a copy, rolling it up and putting it in the tube of my LMT stock? Works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast