Thread: AK fodder - Brown Bear OR Yugo brass

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AK fodder - Brown Bear OR Yugo brass

1000 rounds of BB is about the same as 1100 rounds of Yugo brass albeit corrosive. Which is a better deal? What say you? (I think the brass is more accurate).

Also is BB better than Wolf? 9My Yugo and SA 85 do pretty well with Wolf - SAR1 is soso.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think there's not much question that the Yugo is better ammo.

I really do hate cleaning up after corrosive ammo, though. Yeah, I know, but the gun cleaning OCD kicks in and I end up spending hours flushing, cleaning, drying, and oiling every nook and cranny. By the time I factor in my time, I'd rather have Wolf/BB/GT, etc.

If you can be content with giving your rifle a quick wipe down with some kind of water-based solvent then cleaning as usual, then the Yugo may be the better choice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Other part is that the Yugo (M70 - very accurate) is bare steel - no chrome lined barrel on that baby. SAR and SA are of course chromed. If the crap hits the fan, cleaning may be nil.

Feedback Score
    The Yugo is the better deal, and probably the better ammo. But, Brown Bear is quality ammo that's never let me down, and It would be my choice just for the non corrosive priming. I've shot plenty of corrosive ammo and know how to clean accordingly. In my area we deal with high humidity and I have had rifles start to rust just a couple of hours after running corrosive ammo thru them.