Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Eagle XM855 must be rejected military ammo.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As far as rejects, it's been known for a LONG time that XM type ammo (Federal and AE for example) has been rejected by an inspector at some point and the round has been broken down and reassembled and repacked for commercial sale..
    Yes, but many people don't know that. They sell it like it's just as good as what the military uses, when in fact it was rejected for QC purposes.

As stated, get a case guage and if it guages, shoot it. I have about 3K of "Israeli battlefield pickups". It looks like hell, but it guages and shoots fine. It didn't cost me half of what XM costs though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostman1960 View Post
    I just received a half a case I ordered last week. Out of two sample boxes I pulled out of the shipping box, every single round is slightly dented at the shoulder and the cases are tarnished pretty badly. Also the green paint on the tips are mostly worn off. I am sure the stuff will shoot okay. It just does not exactly give me confidence in looking at it. I am just going to put it aside for a rainy day and stick with my Privi Partisan stuff for now.
    I have noticed the same thing ... All my AR ammo either comes from Bass Pro or Cabelas...

I will say I've ran though tons of this stuff and had very few issues... The ones I had I think we more do to lack of cleaning on my part...

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Yup I know what you mean I bought a good amount of it.from cheaper than dirt when they had it for 7 a box. The ammo did look beat but it spec'd out and shot fine.. so if u have some rds that don't spec out contact ATK

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I agree. I also seem to remember that previous discussions about XM type ammo Federal/ATK said it was not rejected ammo, but rather overruns. I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_556 View Post
    If the ammo was that bad that the bullets were nowhere near concentric to the cases anymore, you really need to contact Federal/ATK versus complaining about them here....If by tarnishing you mean the annealing? If so, then that has already been addressed..

As far as rejects, it's been known for a LONG time that XM type ammo (Federal and AE for example) has been rejected by an inspector at some point and the round has been broken down and reassembled and repacked for commercial sale..

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Obviously you've never ordered Blk box of XM193! Thats the loosely boxed/bagged XM193! Those little dents will shoot just fine! When I order the XM193BLK I go through it and sort the dented cases out to shoot first! If I have empty stripper clips I load the nice/dent frees on them! If I see any major dents /scratches I'll demil and reload them!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Last edited by InfiniteGrim; 02-26-11 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davehk View Post
    I used to know a guy who knew a guy that worked at Federal. He use to get rejected ammo just liked that and sell it to us for dirt cheap.
    Yeah but this stuff isn't dirt cheap! I have a 400 round case I bought last year before I knew what the "X" meant. I think I paid around $170. I just bought a 1000 round loose pack of Federal for $289.
    Last edited by Busta Prima; 02-27-11 at 02:35.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostman1960 View Post
    Its fine and its not rejected.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123