Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Is a 6.8 spc worth it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This thread led me to get into the game as well. Found a "new old stock" ArmaLite from when they were making them. Has all my requirements except it is unknown if I will have to replace the carrier or not.

I'm going to be shooting for the 95gr TTSX @ 2900fps loads with either Re7 or Norma 200.

Cheapest factory ammo I can find for plinking is the 115gr FMJ AE load and it is at CTD of all places for abotu 13 and change per 20. ouch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    This thread led me to get into the game as well. Found a "new old stock" ArmaLite from when they were making them. Has all my requirements except it is unknown if I will have to replace the carrier or not.

I'm going to be shooting for the 95gr TTSX @ 2900fps loads with either Re7 or Norma 200.

Cheapest factory ammo I can find for plinking is the 115gr FMJ AE load and it is at CTD of all places for abotu 13 and change per 20. ouch.
    How old is that new stock? Make sure the chamber is actually Spec II if we're talking 10 years.

Wh0ring Palmetto State Armory for 6.8 ammo sales is a past time. 90gr Fed gold dots get super cheap among others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    How old is that new stock? Make sure the chamber is actually Spec II if we're talking 10 years.

Wh0ring Palmetto State Armory for 6.8 ammo sales is a past time. 90gr Fed gold dots get super cheap among others.
    Its from 2 years ago. SPC II, 1:11, mil spec barrel steel. They even marked the uppers SPC II from '11-whenever they stopped making them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its from 2 years ago. SPC II, 1:11, mil spec barrel steel. They even marked the uppers SPC II from '11-whenever they stopped making them.
    Glad it's not 'that' old!

Out of curiosity, what is it about the carrier that you think you might have to replace it?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

psa is great for ammo, especially the daily deals. why yes I will take so le gold dot 556 for <50 cents a round shipped.

I've also gotten nearly my entire 68 stash there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad it's not 'that' old!

Out of curiosity, what is it about the carrier that you think you might have to replace it?
    I am unsure about when they made the change to auto carriers. ArmaLite changed a lot of things from '09 and on in regards to barrel steel, twist rates, chambers, and on due to user demand. I've been unable to find anything definitive on what they came with during their production run from '11 to '14.

I will keep checking PSA but their current offerings don't look that great.

EDIT: Hadn't looked in a few days. Everything is out of stock!
    Last edited by Falar; 07-22-16 at 22:01.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

These guys are making some good bullets. A little expensive but perform great. https://makerbullets.com/products.php?cat=3&scri=4

Feedback Score
    Probably the best for pistols/sbr's. If I wanted a deadly short barrel rifle for any reason other than being as quiet as possible, it would be 6.8.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Reloading 6.8 spc is only slightly more expensive than 5.56 after you get a supply of brass that is.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast