Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Les Baer TRS or CC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Les Baer TRS or CC

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone here happens to have experience with both pistols and which one they would choose out of the two? I have narrowed it down to these two fine pistols and can't quite decide; maybe a few opinions can sway me one way or the other....

Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you're ordering it new, pick the features you want. The CC can be turned into a TRS with the available options, so choose on that.

Do you want the Ambi safety? What grips do you want it to come with? What trigger?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    If you're ordering it new, pick the features you want. The CC can be turned into a TRS with the available options, so choose on that.

Do you want the Ambi safety? What grips do you want it to come with? What trigger?
    The TRS and the CC are pretty much the same as the TehLlama posted, main changes are

Trigger (three hold vs solid)
    safety (ambi or single)
    MSH (serrated vs checkered)
    Grips and bushings (standard vs thin)
    Roll marks

The TRS has also be removed the baer lineup, but the gun is back with a new name.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I honestly have zero preference...this is going to be my 1st 1911... I have hands on experience with colts, kimber, and springfield, but never les baer... I just know they are a quality 1911.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    TRS get's my vote.

V/r
    Uglyguns

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Thunder Ranch is an excellent value and a very solid 1911. Extremely accurate and reliable and gives you what you need without all of the other "fluff" that is nice but not needed especially on a first 1911.

FWIW You might want to look into one sooner than later as I am pretty sure that they are not going to be available for much longer...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just went through the same drill..........................yesterday!!

Decided on the TRS (no FCS) because of the single side safety and thin grips. I know the CC can be modified, but the TRS was in stock and the CCs are on order.

FWIW I dealt with Crazy John at 1911 Heaven (Proload) - great experience and a great price. Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive!!

Regards,
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325 View Post
    I just went through the same drill..........................yesterday!!

Decided on the TRS (no FCS) because of the single side safety and thin grips. I know the CC can be modified, but the TRS was in stock and the CCs are on order.

FWIW I dealt with Crazy John at 1911 Heaven (Proload) - great experience and a great price. Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive!!

Regards,
    Crazy John is without question the man to see if you are interested in a Baer. Not only is he one of the biggest distributors but he is also a real deal shooter who knows his 1911's and how to use them!

Plan on at least a half hour of phone time before calling though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Plan on at least a half hour of phone time before calling though.
    Amen to that!!!
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would agree that if you don't already have a strong preference towards any components, that the TRS is the best choice. At most, you're a change of grips and some spare magazines away from a very effective fighting tool.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast