Thread: A big thanks to Jason at Springfield Custom

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A big thanks to Jason at Springfield Custom

I should have put this in the 1911 section, sorry. Well after abour 1700rds my Pro developed peening in the slide stop notch so I called Springfield and Jason had a call tag issued to bring it in under warranty.
    With in one week it was back to me looking better than new. It had been refinished at no charge and looks super. It had been gone thru inside and out. You could see the time he took on my pistol. It really does look better than when I received it new. Ends up there was a burr on the slide stop and the mags did not seat properly. All is fixed and I am a customer for life.
    Before. Sorry about the crappy pic.

One week later. It had some finish wear when I sent it to them.

Last edited by 1911pro; 02-23-11 at 00:02. Reason: Budweiser
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The Springfield Custom shop it my #1 recommendation when it comes to quality work in a shorter time frame and reasonable $$$.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    When you say it was refinished do you mean that it was a new coat of Black-T or some other finish? I am curious to hear if there has been a change since Walter Birdsong passed. No reason to believe that there would be as I understood that his family was going to keep the business running, just curious.

Also love the Pro. Have a light rail model that I carry a lot and am very happy with. I'll never forget the first time I cleaned and lubed it and the slide to frame fit was so tight it pushed most of the oil off of the rails.

Feedback Score
    There warranty shop cant be beat. I just had my springer repaired there took 2 weeks and she looks like new.
    Send Chuck Norris to the White House

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    When you say it was refinished do you mean that it was a new coat of Black-T or some other finish? I am curious to hear if there has been a change since Walter Birdsong passed. No reason to believe that there would be as I understood that his family was going to keep the business running, just curious.

Also love the Pro. Have a light rail model that I carry a lot and am very happy with. I'll never forget the first time I cleaned and lubed it and the slide to frame fit was so tight it pushed most of the oil off of the rails.
    It looks and feels like BlackT. I am kind of questioning it myself because of the quick turn around time,it could be Satin black Armory cote. They even did the barrel. It really does not matter because the Black T "treatment" is still working underneath. I did email them just to find out.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a similar problem at about 1800 rounds (1800 perfectly reliable rounds). I believe my problem was caused by the cheap followers on magazines that came with my Les Baer SRP. A similar issue arose on one of my Colt Government Models from the SRP magazines.

Springfield took great care of me. Dave in the Custom Shop, and the whole crew, were exceptional as far as customer service. To top it off, I had had a couple of upgrades / mods done to the Pro and was shocked by the great price they gave me. They are top notch quality without the top notch price.
    Last edited by Hogsgunwild; 02-25-11 at 04:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsgunwild View Post
    I had a similar problem at about 1800 rounds (1800 perfectly reliable rounds). I believe my problem was caused by the cheap followers on magazines that came with my Les Baer SRP. A similar issue arose on one of my Colt Government Models from the SRP magazines.

Springfield took great care of me. Dave in the Custom Shop, and the whole crew, were exceptional as far as customer service. To top it off, I had had a couple of upgrades / mods done to the Pro and was shocked by the great price they gave me. They are top notch quality without the top notch price.
    I was using only the factory magazines with no reliablity issues other than a few failures to fully feed the first round on a reload. Jason said the magazines did not seat properly. Still no reply from them on what finish was applied.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

Just heard from Springfield that it is their Armory Kote finish. Wonder if it will wear any better than the Black T? Guess I will find out.