Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: AR pistol picture thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A lot of people despise the AR pistol, but they seem to be gaining in popularity.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    A lot of people despise the AR pistol, but they seem to be gaining in popularity.
    Since the advent of the sig brace for ar and ak pistols many are getting into the game without having the hassle to sbr it

Sent via pony express

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yeah, the Sig brace + ATF letter roped me in. I used to own a 10.5" with a normal pistol RE but only shot it twice in a few years because the short LOP sucked. Sold it before the brace took off.

I have since sold/traded things in order to get a 12.5", 10.5", and now building a 9" 300BLK.

Feedback Score
    [content removed]
    Last edited by softorchestra; 01-05-15 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by softorchestra View Post
    I suspect that will change in California, as you may know, as there will be no way for people to build AR pistols after the 1st of the year with AB 1964 signed.

I hadn't really planned one but with the laws changing I don't want to be left wtihout one at all. I'm building a 10.5" 5.56 w/SB15. Will post pics here after I get it put together. I'm going to try and mill the lower tomorrow. I pre-ordered the upper from DSG Arms, and won't have it for up to 30 days.
    Unless you can get an 80% lower

Feedback Score
    [content removed]
    Last edited by softorchestra; 01-05-15 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    First pistol build:

Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    First pistol build:

Is that the Troy pistol brace? I know I've seen that one before, but I can't remember for sure who makes it. How well do you like that brace?
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 12-06-14 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Is that the Troy pistol brace? I know I've seen that one before, but I can't remember for sure who makes it. How well do you like that brace?
    That looks like a CAA side saddle. I could be mistaken though. Interesting pistol build. I can honestly say that I've never seen one like it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    That looks like a CAA side saddle. I could be mistaken though. Interesting pistol build. I can honestly say that I've never seen one like it.
    That's the Thordsen Enhanced RE cover with their RE and adapter kit for the CAA side saddle. I like it a lot, I'm not a huge fan of the SIG brace and this makes a nice alternative. It's 7 5/8" long measured from the rear of the receiver; the Thordsen RE I used is a variation of a carbine RE that has no slot or holes for a telestock. Thordsen uses the web of the RE to prevent rotation.
    Ken in Texas

Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast