Thread: Opinions on M193 ammo

Feedback Score

Opinions on M193 ammo

I'm looking to pick up a couple of cases of M193 ammo, my first choice would be IMI M193 but the only place I can find it is across state. Taxes and shipping will make it the most expensive option.

My next two choices are Prvi Partisan M193 and Federal XM193. It seems ammo quality rises and falls over the years. Of these two options which would currently be the best choice?

Feedback Score
    What are you looking to get from the ammo? If you just want consistent, good shooting brass cased ammo (because you feel your gun shouldn't see steel cases) then it works just fine.

It is not good target ammo (it won't group well) and it isn't good home defense ammo (unless you really like overpenetration.)

But it sure goes bang every time and makes a hole in the right 2-3" area downrange.
    Last edited by MTechnik; 02-26-11 at 23:47.

Feedback Score
    Yes, pretty much. It will be used for training mainly. I don't expect it to be the best choice for self defense or match grade performance. These two choices are close enough in price that I mainly am looking to get the better quality of the two.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would buy the American made ammo first if available. It helps keep someone at Federal employed.

Feedback Score
    I like the XM193 just got my order in from Glens Armory at $299.95 including shipping it a great deal! It is the Bulk box and Lot#10 which I find very consistant and accurate! I'm going to be shooting up my Lot#06 for practice and saving the Lot#10 for SHTF!
    Last edited by GunnutAF; 03-01-11 at 15:58.