Wondering if it would be feasible to cutdown a 16 inch M4 Colt barrel down to 12.5 inches? I was reading all of the threads referencing short NFA rifles and decided it was time to do something with my blank upper receiver.
I would like to do a short barrel upper receiver project; a 10.5 and 11.5 inch barrel maybe too small for my taste. I like the idea of having the short barrel but also want the advantage of velocity, energy, and distance. I am looking for CQB, active shooter scenarios, and if I need to take out something up to 200-350 yds. ( I have other rifles that can reach out to 800 yds. if I needed them )
The short 12.5 barrel makes sense. I know Colt doesn't make a 12.5 inch barrel; hence taking the long barrel and reducing it down. I would like to stick to Colt barrel as I have a registered Colt NFA lower receiver and my blank upper receiver is Colt M4. I would rather not mix and match manufacturers. ( Sorry guys...one stop shopping!) Does anyone know who can do the barrel reduction? Any opinions and advise is appreciated.