Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vz 58 opinions wanted

Feedback Score
    No problem. Dan and the crew at CzP USA are a class act - just tell them what your after and they will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    The VZ is good to go. Its basically the Canadian AK, and as such there is a large following up here. There are a few companies making quality parts for them, namely North Eastern Arms and Neit Arms. You can find things like ambi safetys/mag releases/bolt carriers, bolt releases, cowitnessing handguard sets, rear scope mounts, AR stock adapters, etc. AK pistol grips will also fit the rifle with a quick modification. NEA is distributed by Troy in the US, and Neit will ship south of the border as well.

You can check out:
    http://www.neitarms.com/
    http://www.northeasternarms.com/

Feedback Score
    the vz is an awesome rifle compared to any of my aks, as a matter of fact i bought the vz before my first ak. when you pick it up and shoulder it such a natural pointer and very comfortable than any of my aks. and you think wow milled receiver, lighter than an ak and accurate to boot

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hands down more enjoyable to shoot over a typical AK, add a Mako side folder and it gets better!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I LOVE my VZs, I think I am going to send them off to have a brake perm attached (Maybe an AK variant of the Battlecomp??). I am currently tossing up the idea of getting one with a red dot to run in a class, but I am having some trouble finding decent looking mounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    I am currently tossing up the idea of getting one with a red dot to run in a class, but I am having some trouble finding decent looking mounts.
    Troy BattleRail

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yes...the NEA/Troy is the way to go. I have a T1 on mine...allows for cowitness/generally kicks ass.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Ditto on the Czechpoint. I love mine. If you live in a location that prohibits ownership of Kalashnikovs, or just want a piece of Czech / Slovak Cold War history in your collection, go for it.

I'm going to get another one before the year is out.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Oh great, a new front runner for my first semi-auto rifle.
    First it was the M1A, then the AR, then the AK....now the vz 58!!!
    When will it stop.

I am a fan of a "plain" rifle, so it not having all of the whiz bang super toys like the AR or AK is fine by me. I simply want a reliable gun.
    Now time for more research.

Feedback Score
    Probably the best 7,62x39 battle rifle ever made, very modern mechanical design and here in Europe really easy to find at very low price... around 350€ complete with mags. and accessories

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast