Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atlas V8

Feedback Score
    These things are INCREDIBLE ! ! ! buy one and you will want to ge rid of every other bipod you own. I have never been a huge fan of the Harris and now that I have gotten my Atlas after the long back order wait WOOOO WHOOOOOO time to get back in line for a couple more.

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Belmont next time I see you I'm gonna buy you a proper mallet as watching you "carefully" bang away with that hammer at that KAC nearly made me chip a tooth
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSC_GUY View Post
    These things are INCREDIBLE ! ! ! buy one and you will want to ge rid of every other bipod you own.
    I Just got mine yesterday and feel exactly the same way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I Just got mine yesterday and feel exactly the same way.
    You are soooo right ~ I have two and love them.
    But at $270 ish a pop the additions are kinda slow coming.

Feedback Score
    OK, I'll pee in the Wheaties. Now, I've only gone shooting with mine once, and I think it is a great, but it doesn't make me want to switch all my other Harris' to these. While I find the Atlas to be superior in its stance, I find that the small and individual push buttons for the legs to be kind of slow. A Harris is a lot easier to grab the legs and throw them down.

If you are shooting off a bench, or are in a time insensitive arena- that isn't much of a problem. The Atlas legs can be operated independently at the various angles and that is an interesting feature. I definitely would put it on my precision builds, but for run-gun Open 3-gun type shooting, I might want the speed and simplicity of the Harris.

I still haven't found the perfect bipod that has the speed, flexibility, and stability that I want.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well damn, now my cherrios are thoroughly soiled

That's quality feedback and no product can meet every customer's need I guess, it still sounds like you hold a positive view on the Atlas...just not the raving one most seem to have had.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 05-08-11 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    The speed-to-deploy thing is something I noted right off with the Atlas Vs a rigged out Harris. (I have a piece of parachute cord on my old Harris so both legs can be opened in one operation.)

As was noted, this is only an issue in "Open Class" 3-Gun. Bipods are usually not allowed in the other divisions and (for those not familiar) can often be more more of a hindrance than a help.

The bounce off a hard surface, or lack thereof, and the ability to "load" some forward force are the Atlas' strong points. For a heavier rifle such as an SPR, I actually prefer the Atlas over sandbags - including from the bench. It's much easier for me to get just the right shooting height with the Atlas, but my sandbag setup is rather primitive.

But as good as they are, I see no need to own more than one or two - especially if equipped with a QD mount. My one and only just stays in my primary range bag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Well damn, now my cherrios are thoroughly soiled

That's quality feedback and no product can meet every customer's need I guess, it still sounds like you hold a positive view on the Atlas...just not the raving one most seem to have had.
    Exactly, it is a great bipod and I think if you are doing the kind of shooting that allows you to get into and requires the ultimate in stability, the Atlas far outshines the Harris.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    I have the atlas and just wish someone would give me another one.
    Xmas is coming soon

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The atlas bipod looks wonderful!

Would'a bought an atlas but I had already invested in a GG&G bipod for work which has served me well and their customer service has since seen it repaired once and refurbished once.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast